28-Reckless

"What's his name?"

Amine and Violet were back in his car riding to meet up with Jay at a nearby park to get their stories in order.

Violet turned her head to the left looking at him in confusion, "who?"

"The one that couldn't see you."

"Oh..." she sighed, "Xavier."

"What's the relationship?"

"Just a guy I dated for half a second or some shit like that."

Their laughs filled the car as they continued further down the road

"And what about this other guy..Jay?" Anime wasn't too sure about Jay's motive. He talked a good talk but his words were almost always vague leaving a lot of room for interpretation.

"What about him?" She shrugged

"Can we trust what he says?"

"If I'm being honest, I don't trust either of you. But know if either of you get in my way, I'll kill you."

A rush of chills came over Amine's body. There it was again, the blood lust that radiated off of her. He knew she had a switch on her, and he didn't want to be the one to flip it.

Once they arrived at the park Jay slid into the back seat of Amine's car.

There was silence for a few minutes before Violet spoke up, "I'm gonna get the job done so stay out of my way."

She was adamant that she would end Paku's life herself.

Jay rolled his eyes, "like hell..."

"Then what's your plan since you seem to be confident in it?" Amine questioned with his eyes in the rear view mirror meeting Jay's.

"Can't say." He responded plainly

"How convenient." Violet sassed, "I doubt you even have a plan."

"I have more of a plan than you." Jay retorted

"Whatever Jay. You were the one that said I couldn't do this alone yet you won't even tell me what your plan is."

"Because you don't need to know. Just sit tight and let me work."

***

Zenos sat in the living room of the Mediterranean style home. King and Don sitting before him in silence. Getting into their home wasn't much of a task since all Z did was knock on the door like a normal civilian. He only hoped he'd be able to leave in the same condition he came.

"What brings you by Z?" King started hoping to make quick work of Z's visit.

Zenos smirked to himself at the mention of his name. He hadn't even introduced himself to the duo but the already knew who he was. He didn't know whether that was a good or bad thing yet.

"I only just sat down.. yet you already know my name." He was being arrogant

Don kept a straight face as he responded to him, "don't think too highly of yourself young man. You're just one of the few people crazy enough to come here alone."

"I tried to get your grandson to tag along and be my shield.." Z's eyes roamed around the large Mediterranean home, "but he wouldn't step ten feet off this place."

King was surprised to find that Z already knew about Vice. But they would have to play dumb in the moment.

"What y'all do to him like that? He scared of y'all."

As far as anyone could know, Don and King weren't involved in Violet's messy situation and they couldn't involve themselves in it for now. So dodging any claims of Violet and Vice would be their plan.