48-Avenge

Violet watched from inside the car as Alejandro had a conversation with one of his associates. They were parked right outside of his law firm. The fifty floor building stood high in the heart of downtown.

Since they left her family's home, she remained silent. He hadn't tried to speak to her and vice versa. They had nothing to talk about, and she was trying not to overthink what her punishment would be.

Alejandro glanced at her, their eyes connecting for a half second before Violet turned her gaze elsewhere. She hated looking at his ridiculously frozen eyes.

"That's her?" His associate, Castiel motioned his chin in Violet's direction.

Alejandro removed a speck of dust from his suit jacket as he nodded his head in response.

"So where is Amine?" Castiel questioned

Castiel was the closest thing Alejandro had to a real brother though they were only half related thanks to a steamy affair on his father's side. But unfortunately, the bastard had a completely different upbringing compared to his legitimate counterpart, though only 2 years apart

Unlike the rest of the Ruiz family, Castiel had a different opinion when it came to Amine.

"He'll be safe." Alejandro assured him running his hand down the faded sides of his hair, "if anyone has a problem with the said arrangement, they can deal with me accordingly."

Though they would never let their opinions reach his ears.

In the grand scheme of things Alejandro had a reputation to uphold and people to please amongst his supporters and his colleagues. He was expected to punish Amine; that was the plan that was written in stone for him. Violet taking Amine's place wasn't a factor anyone had envisioned, and let's just say some don't agree.

But Alejandro didn't care whether it was Violet or Amine that he was to punish. He only wanted to get this trivial revenge plot out of the way. It had been a burden on his shoulders since his father had passed and he hated that it was just another one of his expectations. Anyone that didn't like how he dealt with it, could say so to him or keep their opinions to themselves.

"What are your plans for the day?" Alejandro asked wiping the face of his watch with his thumb

"I'm gonna pay our nephew a visit." Castiel responded. A sliver of hope and expectation in his eyes as he spoke to his brother.

They only looked alike in one way, sharing their father's crystal blue eyes-they almost looked like ice reflecting the clear sky. The shade was slightly different between the two, but anyone could tell they were kin by some way with those eyes.

Alejandro didn't have much care for Amine since his existence was only proof of the mess his older brother left behind. He didn't hate him but he didn't like him either, he was indifferent. He had no plans to being an uncle to him, no plans on caring for him. But Castiel wanted different. He wanted Amine to feel like he had someone since, in fact, he was now alone as Sol died. Amine needed family, and Cas wanted to be that if he could. He knew was it was like to be cast away, so he resonated with Amine a little.

So now that Castiel wanted to reach out to Amine, Alejandro was trying to figure out where he stood with his nephew. He didn't really want a relationship with him; but if Castiel asked him to, he would.

"Why?" Alejandro asked with a bored look on his face.

"Why not?"

"I'm in this mess because of him." He drawled

Castiel narrowed his brows, a look of distaste on his face, "you of all people know he is innocent in all this. He never asked to be here."

Alejandro held his brother's fiery stare for a moment before turning away conceding to him. He knew it wasn't his nephew's fault at all. They had this conversation countless times before, but now that things were actually playing out he was annoyed with the outcome. He was stuck with Violet, a girl he hadn't planned to cross paths with.