18-Last Time

"Why not just give me away?" Violet questioned with confusion in her voice. To her this was all so simple and she really didn't want anyone to die over her, she didn't think she was worth it.

She still couldn't wrap her head around the fact that she to had real blood relatives living and walking the same island as she. Violet always thought she was alone, so to find out that she wasn't was conflicting to her.

The three days Paku gave them had already gone and passed them, and they were trying to devise a plan that kept everyone alive.

It hurt Rolo to see the clear confusion on Violet's face learning about her parents and what really happened to them.

"That's not what your dad wanted. We put so much on the line over the years to keep you hidden just to keep our word to your old man. Paku has to die. That's it."

"You just need to keep your head low and stay close to Zenos." Miguel who's face was glued to Rolo's laptop reminded her, "when shit starts getting hot we don't you need getting in the middle of it."

Miguel came to Jamaica the day after the meeting went down to check on things with Violet.

Violet didn't say another word and instead slipped her shoes on and grabbed her backpack hoping Zenos would just take her back to the hotel so they could go home. She was tired of talking about how they were going to kill Paku without dying themselves. To her it seemed like a suicide mission; and at the end of it all she thought she would be the only one alive.

"Can we go please." Zenos nodded his head dapping Rolo and Miguel before he and Violet made their exit to the car

The ride was silent, both of them too caught up in their own minds to say anything to one another.

Zenos wasn't sure what to do with the full story about Violet now that he knew every detail. Knowing what he knew made him feel like he needed to protect her although she already had ample protection. For some reason he felt drawn to her even more, and part of him wished he didn't.

He glanced between a silent Violet and the road itching to poke her brain. Zenos needed to know where she was mentally. Since the night of the meeting, she had been oddly quiet while listening to other people decide her fate for her.

"Hey.." he planted his right hand over her thigh gently rubbing across her skin, "can you talk to me..please?"

Violet nodded her head, "about?"

"Tell me what's on your mind. You haven't said much for the past three days and that ain't like you Violet."

Zenos was concerned to say the least. He thought she was thinking of some type of master plan of her own and he was worried that she would walk into the lions den alone just to keep everyone else from going in for her.

"What is there to say?" To Violet everything was already decided so she saw no point in putting her two cents in. She knew what would happen if she tried.

"Tell me how you feeling mama. I need to know."

Violet bit down on her bottom lip doing her best to keep her salty tears at bay but she just couldn't do it. Streams of clear liquid fell from her eyes and rolled down her cheeks to her white crew neck shirt.

Zenos tighten his grip on the steering wheel at the sight of her crying. He wasn't a fan of seeing women he cared about shed tears and it was eating him up that she didn't want to tell him what was bothering her.

It wasn't long before they pulled into the parking lot of their hotel with nothing but Violet's sniffles filling the silent car. Cutting off the engine he blew out a low breath looking straight ahead at nothing in particular.