Chapter One

Chapter One: New Team Member

I strolled into the CIA base called Castle. My new mission was Operation Bartowski, directly given to me by General Beckman and the Queen. And when they mentioned John Casey was involved, I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to torture his Patriotic rear. I was simply jubilant at the thought of making his blood boil.

I was a fairly tall brunette with emerald eyes and fair skin. I wore a blue t-shirt, black jeans, and black high heel boots. My black leather jacket completing my signature look.

Therefore, I waited in a hall near the briefing room where I could hear General Beckman speaking in her usual stern tone. Explaining to the team about their recent success with Mark Ratner. And I had to admit, I was impressed by their previous victories. Not to mention the fact I knew I'd get along with the asset. I've also reviewed every last bit of surveillance and intelligence involving the team available.

"And due to the recent update to the Intersect, Chuck has been uploaded with information concerning the British government. Therefore, the director of MI-6 has sent their top agent to assist in Operation Bartowski," I could hear Beckman explain.

"But General, we've been perfectly fine protecting Chuck," I heard Agent Sarah Walker speak up.

"That is irrelevant. These are orders from the top. Understood?," Beckman asserted.

"General, when exactly is he getting here?," I immediately recognized the voice of Chuck Bartowski.

"She is already here. Agent Cross, you can come out now, " as soon as Beckman said those words I unzipped my jacket. I stepped into the room with a grin on my lips. And as soon as Casey saw me he growled.

"Thank you for the introduction, General. I can take it from here," I commented in my British accent before she signed off. As soon as Chuck got a single glimpse at me, his face looked like he was nauseous,"Is he constipated or something?"

Chuck's face returned to normal as he stared at me in awe,"i just flashed on you....you're Guinevere."

"My code name. Now, that is exactly why I'm here," I strutted over to the table and sat down,"These series of images that you see. Those coded government secrets. They now include secrets you shouldn't have. My files along with every file concerning the secret service and the secrets of the United Kingdom. I'm here to protect my country in anyway possible. That's what I do every day. "

"I should have known that you'd weasel your way into this operation sooner or later, " Casey grumbled.

"It's lovely to see you too, Johnny. I must say that I was hoping for a simple,'Good to see you, Elizabeth.' I suppose you are still angry about Ipswich. Or maybe it was Tokyo," I mused just to upset Casey.

"Wait! You know her?!," Sarah turned to Casey with wide eyes.

"Elizabeth Cross, the most annoying loyalist of them all," Casey scoffed.

"Oh! How you hurt me so!," I mocked offense.

"It's the truth. And I suppose you knew I'd be here too. Am I right?," Casey crossed his arms.

"I simply adore your to hard arse act, love," I stood up and circled around Chuck. Looking him up and down,"I must admit. Not what I expected, but acceptable. We will have to toughen you up though."

"Chuck is fine the way he is!," Sarah took a step towards me. It was funny to think she was trying to stare me down when I was taller than her.

"He can hardly shoot a bloody tranquilizer pistol. He needs to have a way to defend himself. Enemies will take one look at him and see him as an easy target," I argued.

"Would you shut up, Cross?," Casey growled.

"Not a chance, Johnny," I smirked.

Casey then advanced to me,"Stop calling me that."

"Only when it stops making that vein in your neck stick out," I teased. As I gave him a wink, he growled while going for his gun.

Sarah immediately separated us,"Both of you stop it. We need to figure out how exactly she fits into our cover. Any ideas?"

"She could be Casey's girlfriend," Chuck suggested nonchalantly.

Casey and I turned our gazes from each other to Chuck. And we objected simultaneously,"NO!"

"Actually, that's not a bad idea. I was gonna say she could be my sister, but the accent throws that off," Sarah looked over go Chuck.

"Do I look like a Neanderthal to you? I'm a spy. I can do an American accent."

"Cross," Casey started,"It would make things easier. And Sarah having a sister would be too abrupt. Suspicious even. It's honestly the best cover we've got."

I sighed, "Fine. We can stage a meeting at the Buy More tomorrow at noon. Now, if we're finished, I am going to my flat to unpack."

"Where exactly is your flat ?," Chuck said the British term awkwardly.

"The apartment complex next door," I laughed as I headed up to the freezer door,"I refuse to be a mile away when you have British intelligence in your head. Oh! And John," Casey look up to me,"No need to link me to your surveillance feed. I already hacked into it this morning. That includes the cameras in your flat, dear."

"WHAT?!," He bellowed.

"Gotta run, love!," I giggled before leaving Castle.

Tomorrow was a new day. A new adventure in the life of Guinevere. How wonderful! This game was going to be very entertaining.