Chapter 23

"U.A. High has finished its first semester and started summer vacation." Mr Aizawa said as we loaded our luggage onto the charter bus before he looked at all of us. "However..."

I tugged at my uniform collar, why did we have to wear our uniforms to a summer camp?

"Those of you trying to be heroes will not receive days of rest. At this summer training camp, we'll have you aiming for even greater heights- for "Plus Ultra"!"
"Yes, sir!" We replied.

"Hey guys! It's finally time for the training camp in the woods, huh?" Uraraka exclaimed excitedly as she ran over to me and Deku.
"Y-yeah, that's right, Uraraka!" Deku replied, leaning back a little and waving his arms.

I raised an eyebrow as I saw his face turn a shade of red as he looked up at the sky while Uraraka leaned in towards us.

"What's the matter?" Uraraka asked innocently.
"Well...um-"

She paused for a moment before seeming to realise something and her face went red before racing away.

"I-It's time for training camp! Training camp! Training camp!" She announced, starting to jump and clap around where both Mina and Kaminari joined in.
I looked at Uraraka and Deku, who both still had flushed faces as they both seemed to be collecting themselves.

A small grin grew on my face as I realised.

'Ohhhhhhhhh. They like each other.'

"What? There are people in Class A taking extra classes?!" A voice yelled, gaining our attention. "Does that mean you had people who failed the finals? What? Isn't that weird? Isn't that weird? Even though they're supposed to be way better than Class B?! How can that be?"

Monoma was cut off eventually by Kendo slapping the back of his neck with a disappointed look.

"Sorry!" She apologised, picking him up from the ground.

'Oh yeah, I forgot we were also going with Class B.'

"Monoma's scary." Someone from class B muttered.

"Oh, it's class B-" Someone from my class pointed out.

"We kind of met during the sports festival, but nice to meet you, Class A." One of the students greeted.
"We're getting on the bus!" Kendo called.
"Okay." The rest of the class replied as they followed after.

I could practically hear Mineta's perverted thoughts as they ran over to their bus.

I looked down at the ground as I put my hand in my pocket, the small tracking device Soramei gave me weighed heavy in it.

'Don't think about it, this is what Shigaraki asked, and he told you to listen to him.' I told myself firmly before Iida gained my attention.

"Class A's bus is this way!" Iida called, waving his arms around. "Line up in seat order!"

But of course, we didn't really listen to him.

I ended up sitting on the window seat next to Todoroki since both Uraraka, Deku and Iida were sitting next to someone as I clambered onto the bus.

"Let's play some music!" Kaminari cried from near the front while the rest of the bus was filled with chatter.

I started out of the window, not having interacted much with Todoroki at school or much in general.

"So...you excited for training camp?" I asked, glancing at him.
"Yes, I believe it would be beneficial for training and honing our quirks." He replied shortly while I nodded.
"Yeah, absolutely." I replied before we went into an awkward silence.