Getting To Know Dr Rhodes

We spent eight months just talking to each other and growing our friendship . We would occasionally go out for drinks with each other but that only started two months ago.
Connor pov:
Whispering to himself as he approaches isabella "come on Connor you've got this, you've talked to her plenty of times this is no different just ask her if she wants to go out it's really not that hard. And now I'm talking to myself great. Why am I so nervous I never get nervous I'm a surgeon we don't get nervous. what has that girl done to me"
"talking to ourselves are we now dr"
"oh didn't realise I was talking out loud"
"might want to make sure your not doing it to often or people might think your going crazy"
"you make me crazy" he whispers to him self again
"sorry what was that"
"oh um I was just thinking we don't really get to spend anytime with each other out side of work, so I uh I was wondering if you wanted to go and get some drinks with me after shift"
"are you asking me on a date dr Rhodes"
"uh well I guess I am"
"there's no need to be nervous dr, I would love to go and get drinks with you"
"great, I'll meet you out front when we're done"
"it's a date" she shout back at me as I watch her walk away going back to treat her patients.

Isabellas pov:
After that day Fridays became our date night if you will. We weren't a couple or anything we just like to get drinks together and the occasional nice meal at a fancy restaurant. Or sometimes we would just spend the night at one of our apartments.

After doing this for two months I wanted to take it further but I wasn't sure that's what he wanted until...