𝙂𝙤𝙣𝙚

Narrator's POV

Jeongwoo sat down at an empty table after paying his coffee. It was 8 in the morning and he decided to stroll in the park as the rain has finally stopped. It has been ages since he had a free time and went out like this since college life took all his attention and time.

As he sipped from his drink, he looked out to the window and watched different people passed by. He roamed his eyes and saw people going to their work, parents with their kids, and a couple.

The couple caught his attention. They were sitting beside each other and looks like they were enjoying whatever they're talking about. Their figures were very familiar so he continued observing them for few minutes. When he was about to sip again from his coffee, the girl turned around.

That face...

That very same face that he admired and still longing for, but despises at the same time. He was very sure that it was her. How could he forget her?

When she's the one that got away...

Before

After your last examination, you decided to hang out with your best friend, the only Park Jeongwoo. He used to be your bubbly and talkative seatmate, and after a few convincing, teasing, and asking you to be friends with him, you have started off an incredible friendship.

You were on your last year of high school and started preparing for entering different universities. You haven't told Jeongwoo that you were spending your college years in a different city. It was hard for you to tell him the news, knowing that he will be saddened by it. You did promised before to stay by each other's side.

This might be the last time you'll see each other again.

Jeongwoo sat beside you under the tree. This has been your secret place with him, facing the view of the bright and busy city. Both of you started munching the snacks you bought on the way.

"I'll never get tired of this place. I mean, look at this abstract. Just look at its breathtaking view." You admiringly looked down at the city in front of you.

"Yeah, so pretty. God must have poured all His energy and time to make such. It must be His favorite one among those He created."

"Right-" You turned around to Jeongwoo to agree to his statement, but surprisingly, he was looking at you with hearts in his eyes.

"Really, Woo? Are we still talking about the city?"

"Oh? I thought we were discussing about you?" Jeongwoo tried to act like innocent and even cutely blinked his eyes. You only rolled your eyes at his remark and snatched his sandwich.

"YAH! THAT'S MINE!"

"But you're willing to give it to the most beautiful creature, right?"

Jeongwoo felt his cheeks getting warmer every second as he looked at your nearing face. He knew he was drowning in your eyes, where he can see the whole universe. It was as if time was slowing down and he might not be able escape your drowning look at him.

He then absent-minded nodded at you, signaling he was fine even if you take his favorite snack. Heck, he wasn't even willing to give it to his hyungs or Junghwan who is a growing child and need a lot of food. But if it's you, his feelings will still win over his pride.

"Sure. It's all yours."

You happily ate the sandwich as Jeongwoo tried to composed himself once again.