𝟬𝟴- 𝗮𝗳𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗵𝗼𝘂𝗿𝘀

now playing: where you belong (slower+reverb) by: the weeknd

we're... over

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ you stood in the printing room, watching the machine shoot out papers. you groaned and looked at your smart watch. the time read 11:37 and at the rate the printer was going, you would be there all night. it was way after hours and anyone would question why you were in the office on your day off at that.

good fucking question.

3 HOURS EARLIER
8:09PM

you sat on the couch waiting for your pizzas and drink to arrive. your cat sat comfortably in your lap as you watched the horror movie. a day to yourself with your phone off and a whole bunch of self care was definitely needed. aizawas mood had been snappy and irritable ever since the event a few days back. you quickly advised him to take a breather before his employees began to put in their 2 weeks notice.

he hesitantly agreed to the idea and gave everyone the rest of the week off. soon after, your co-workers were thanking you as they quickly left the building. knocking on the door pulled you away from the movie. you moved your cat to the side and happily ran towards the door, grabbing the twenty off the counter. you paid the delivery woman and closed the door.

after placing the boxes and soda on the counter, your house phone rang. that itself was weird since you never got calls on there. after taking out a slice of pizza, you went over to pick it up. "hello?" you spoke after biting into the slice. the familiar gruff voice belonging to your boss came from the other end.

"i'm sorry to be calling you on your day off but can you please come to the office for me. no need to dress professional." you put the pizza on a napkin and punched the air silently. the call of your name brought you back to the phone call.

"alright, you ok mr.a? you sound a little down." he sighed and shuffled around. "just please come in if you can. i sent a car for you. the drivers name is martin. if you can't come, just tell him and don't worry about it."

"ok... i'll be there." there was a slight pause of silence before he spoke again. "oh and y/n. bring some food. i'll pay you back." and with that he hung up. you sighed to yourself and glanced at the two pizza boxes.

you went to your room and checked your outfit out in the mirror. you removed your sweatpants, exchanging them out for comfortable shorts. a buzz came from the living room, followed by a sweet voice coming through the intercom.

"y/n sweetie, some man is out here waiting for you. said his name was... martin." you quietly cursed to yourself. you rushed to put your braids into a low ponytail and make sure you had everything. after grabbing a box of pizza and the drink, you made your way out.