Chapter 4 | Change

Chapter 4 | Change

"No, no!" you rub your hands on your face

"No, no!" you rub your hands on your face. "How many times do I have to say it?! The correct answer is A! Repeat with me: A. A. A!"

"Stop yelling! I'm not dumb!!" Yoongi retorts, delivering you a caustic glance. He lowers his stare on the book laying on his lap, a small pout tugs at his lips. "These damn answers are all identical! How the fuck do I know which is the correct one?!" he buries his hands in his messy hair.

"Maybe, if you applied yourself a little more—"

"Maybe, if you were a little more patient..." he interrupts, poking the tip of his tongue on his cheek. "It's been more than three hours we're barricading here! I'm exhausted!"

You narrow a brow. "The TEPS lasts two hours. How do you expect to pass it if you freak out after only three hours?" you put your hands on your hips, studying all the adorable shades of red now crossing his face.

His jaw drops, his eyes grow bigger. He seems genuinely taken aback by your peacefulness. "You... you're crazy!" he blows, laying down on the floor with his hands pressed on his face. "Only my ass!"

You peer at him, patiently waiting for him to stand up and go back to studying. But Yoongi doesn't move, so you take advantage of his break and lean against the washing machine, trying to regain a bit of energies.

You are drained. You're so tired you can barely keep your bleary eyes open. You'd love to go back to your dorm and crawl under the sheets, but a quick glance at the book on your lap is enough to remind you that there's still one chapter you've to instil in Yoongi's head.

Yeah... Yoongi...

Strange but true, things between you two have changed since he's passed his test. Well, more or less... Ok, you're far from getting along: Yoongi keeps looking at you as if you were polluting his air, and you'd still like to close his head in a washing machine if you could. But you can occasionally hold a conversation without insult each other or death threats, and this is an astonishing step forward.

A 'miracle' , that's how you'd describe what is actually happening between you two....

"Before you arrived, Byeol had come by," you start, trying to not doze off.