Hangover

AJ'S POV
I awake laying on a tile floor of a unfamiliar house, my head hurts like a bitch I put my hand to my head and stand up on wobbly legs and I find my keys. Wendy is passed out on the couch and I tuck some hair behind her ear and kiss her head and walk out.

I walk to my dark grey Honda Civic and I hop in and Knuckle Puck starts playing, Wall to Wall is a great song and I speed away and see three missed calls from Louise on my phone. I sigh and rub my eyes I decide to head over and show her I'm still alive, she's like my mother. I know I've really disappointed her, but the drink helps numb the pain and I'd do anything to escape the pain. I pull up in front of a modern apartment complex and I park and walk in. I take the elevator up to Louise's, I pull a bottle of ibuprofen from my back pocket and down two little pinky orange pills. I knock on the door and the handle clicks and the door opens and reveals Louise.

She stares at me in silence and shakes her head and sighs, "come in" I walk in silently and close the door behind me. "Eat" she tosses me a nectarine and I sit down and she gives me a plate of eggs and hash browns. "Thanks this is delicious". She sighs again and looks at the floor "AJ you need to stop this" I immediately feel irritation boil to the surface, I came here to show her I was fine not be lectured like a little kid. "Louise I get it you want me to be a great guy and just forget about everything that happened but I can't, the drink helps and it's the only thing that makes me feel alive". "You're going to get yourself from all of this drinking AJ, and there's ways you can get help without abusing a substance". I groan and stand up, "why do you always do this?!" "Because I care about you and don't want to have to come scrape your body off the street!"

I stare at Louise her blue eyes unflinching and I sigh "I'm a high functioning alcoholic and if you can't accept that as who I am then I'm just going to leave" I stand up and walk out "AJ wait" but I don't I close the door behind me with a huff and walk down the stairs back to my car. I feel rage overtake me and I punch my steering wheel "fuck!" I breathe heavily as I know I fucked up but I'm too far gone there's no saving me from this twisted addiction. I let out a sigh and receive a text from Wendy asking me to pick her up. I set my phone in the cup holder and shift my car into drive, "I'm sorry Louise" I whisper and drive away.

RYAN'S POV
I'm wiping down my bar and preparing to open when a blonde haired women with intense blue eyes knocks on my locked glass doors. I walk over and unlock the door and peek out. I look up at her "I'm sorry ma'am we don't open for another hour" "are your Ryan?" "Who's asking?" "I am". I open the door and let her in, I lock it behind her and she sits at the bar and I stand behind it. "Would you like anything to drink?" "Water please" I grab a glass and fill it with ice and water I slide it to her and hoist myself up onto the bar to sit. "So what can I do for you?" "My friend AJ he has a addiction and I'm worried about him, he's pissed off a lot of people and owes people money that he can't pay back. He needs help but refuses to get it, I was hoping you could help me".

I look at this girl and I know I need to help her I know if she's come here she has no other options. "I'll help you, where does he normally hangout at?" "House party's he normally hangs out with a guy named Gus I think". I groan at the name "what's wrong?" "Nothing I know the guy he's a lying asshole and I hate him". "So you'll help me?" "I'll help you break his addiction and help him get back on track". She hugs me "thank you" she says softly and I feel a sense of relief wash over her. "Don't worry I'll fix him up and get him integrated back into society" she shakes my hand and heads out.

I sigh and walk upstairs to my quarters, I grab my lockbox and pull out my gun and two clips of ammo. I grab my switchblade and my jacket. I walk out and hop into my car, alright time to find this guy.

HEY GUYS, I'M BACK FROM THE DEAD, I'VE ONCE AGAIN DELETED A STORY AND STARTED A NEW ONE. I'M HOPING TO STICK WITH THIS ONE TILL THE END, WRITERS BLOCK IS FINALLY LETTING UP A BIT SO I CAN WRITE AGAIN FINALLY. THE MARCHING SEASON IS STARTING UP AND I'M REALLY EXCITED FOR THAT. I'LL TRY TO GET AS MANY CHAPTERS OUT AS I CAN IN MY REMAINING SUMMER BREAK. THANK YOU ALL FOR STICKING WITH ME THROUGH MY MONTHS OF SILENCE. AND AS ALWAYS,
BYE FOR NOW!