Chapter Six

TRIGGER WARNINGS:

ABUSE
SHOCK COLLARS
IMPLIED SEXUAL ASSAULT
BRUISES/BLEEDING
CUTS (NOT SH)
FOOD MENTIONS
TOXIC RELATIONSHIP
ABUSIVE RELATIONSHIP

Viewer discretion is advised.

"I forgot how cold it was here..." Virgil nutters, treading through the dark imagination.

"Yeah, well, Kathixze got overheated easily and he controlled the atmosphere." Janus replies.

"Yeah. Wait- aren't you literally a snake? Don't you need heat or something?"

"Half snake. And I didn't have control, even though I did need heat."

"That explains the billion heat lamps in your room."

"Excuse me, there's only seven."

"Whatever."

Janus snickers, pushing some leaves out of the way. They had decided to go through the forest to avoid seeing any traits or memories. The faster they got to the subconscious, the better.

Traits were like sides, but ones not big enough to have that title. Such as Sleep, or Intrests. Memories were important pieces of Thomas' past or life, such as Dr. Picani, and Misleading Compliments, or Missy.

"How much longer?" The anxious one asks. "Not much. Ten minutes, maybe."

He groans, but continues going. He didn't realize it, but the walk was worth it to ensure Remus' safety.

"So, now that we're more secluded.." The deceitful one begins. "Why did you want to come with me?"

"I thought I said no questions."

"And I thought I could get away disguised as Logan but we all saw how well that went."

"You don't have a point..but I don't care all that much." He sighs. "I wanted to return the favor."

"Huh?" A genuine question from Janus.

"When we were still developing as sides, Remus always made sure I was okay and looked after me. He'd warn me before saying stuff he knew made me anxious or uncomfortable. He made me feel safe even though I was young and scared. Even after I left, he'd still message me and he warned me before the first time he showed up to Thomas."

"Oh, wow."

"What I'm trying to say is, we need to take care of eachother. I'm not a kid anymore and it's my responsibility to make sure he knows I appreciate the care he showed me when I was."

"That might be the most sentimental thing you've like, ever said or done."

"Shut up, Edward Lied."

"Not partial to that nickname at all."

He smiles a bit, before faking a cough as an excuse.

"No need to hide."

"Whatever."

Janus snickers and pushes through one last patch of branches, revealing the house where the two of them had once lived.

"Ready?"

"No. I'm not. But I'm going anyways."

They both nod, and step into the house.

"Remus? Are you here?" Janus calls out first.

"Uh- One second-" He comes rushing.

He's dressed in a turtleneck green sweater, a black beanie, and black jeans with silver chains. "Janus! Virgil! You came to visit!" He gets visibly excited.