Rivals (Hermione Granger)

House/Year: Ravenclaw / 7th year

Request: Can I request a bold ravenclaw reader (her attitude almost could pass as a slytherin ngl) she's been Hermione's rival when it comes to grades and they DON'T get along very well. Reader is the opposite of mione's reserved personality. But rivals don't kiss and make out with each other secretly in the lavatory 😭 pls enemies to lovers (with some tension;) ykyk and then one day, they walk the great hall hand in hand and everyone is like don't they find each other insufferable?

Possible Triggers/Warnings: if you don't like lesbians get the hell off my page, sexual tension, enemies to lovers trope, cursing

 love came unexpectedly at times, you learned that at young age from fairy tales and such. Well all kids did, but kids eventually grew up and came to the realization that fairy tales were exactly what they were, fairy tales. Fiction. Not real.

people could call you cold hearted or rude, but you would describe yourself as blunt or brutally honest. Never afraid to speak your mind or point out injustice when you saw fit. To put it simpler terms, professors at Hogwarts preferred you didn't speak at times.

"Your too outspoken Ms. L/n"

"Stick to your academics Ms. L/n"

"You wouldn't be in detention so much so if kept your mouth shut Ms. L/n"

merlin, you were exhausted of hearing your own last name. You guessed the only reason you weren't reprimanded as worse as the Weasley Twins was because you were one of Hogwarts brightest witches, always excelled in academics, in every subject.

you couldn't explain it to others even if you tried other then it just came naturally. Your parents, when they were attended Hogwarts were both just as naturally skilled in there studies as you were. So you must have inherited there 'big brain' as your mother said many times before.

you were never one to gloat though, it was never your style. You were more humble about what you could accomplish. That was until she got involved. That egoistical, hypocritical, Gryffindor girl. Hermione Granger became the bane of your existence early into your fifth year.

until then Ms. Granger had been the top of all her classes, no one even came close to her intelligence, naming her 'The Brightest Witch At Hogwarts' and Hermione wore that title with pride. Being a Muggle born put a target on her head as well as stereotypes.

most students and some staff almost immediately came to the conclusion she wasn't capable of achieving goals that regular half or pure bloods could. It was a terrible way to think, but it was unfortunately the reality of being involved with the wizarding world.

Hermione was lucky to have friends like she did that cared about her no matter who she was or what she became, but it didn't stop her need to feel validated in her academics. It was the one thing no one could giver her shit for, because she was the best at it and no one else was.

until that fateful fifth year that was mentioned earlier. It was the time when you finally got your mind and heart into your studie. You blew past most of the student body rather quickly, earning the title of the fastest turn around at Hogwarts.

it was nice

then it wasn't, for Hermione of course

☼-☪-☼ fifth year / past

"It seems we have two students with an Outstanding this time around" Professor Flitwick spoke as the exams from the previous week had landed neatly onto the wooden desk in front of you. "congratulations Ms. Granger and Ms. L/n"