Chapter 5: Moments and Feelings

Mackenly POV

I woke up the next day, not feeling ready for school. My mom knows what happened and said if anything like that ever happened again, I have to call her immediately.

I get out of bed and put on some dark jeans, a gray tank top, a plaid button up shirt that I leave unbuttoned and some grayish, brownish boots. I put my hair into a French braid and I add my locket, some bracelets, and a blue beanie. I get my book bag and grab a granola bar to go.

I meet Abby outside the school courtyard. We talk for a minute until an unwanted topic comes up.

"How you and Hayes, huh?" She asks.

"Again, nothing is going on between us." I say. "We are just friends."

"I don't think friends cuddle up next to each other on the couch." She says.

"I was hiding my face so I wouldn't see the movie. We weren't cuddling!" I say.

"If you say so..." She says as we begin to walk into school.

She's planning something.

(By the way, this is 3'weeks after they have met.)

We go our separate ways and I go on my phone. As I'm walking, I get a text from Hayes.

H: I think Nash and Abby are planning something.

M: why do you think that?

H: because i over heard him talking to her on the phone. All I heard was "we gotta get her with Hayes alone"

M: I have a pretty good Idea on who they're talking about

H: who?

M: sorry, can't tell you. Gtg, see ya in Math

I put my phone in my pocket and walk into History.

(Skip to end of school day)

As I am walking to Abby's car, my phone vibrates in my pocket. I pull it out to see a message from Nash.

N: Hey! We were thinking that maybe you and Abby could come over again. We have lots and stuff planned.

I text him back with suspicion.

M: What kind of stuff?

N: You'll find out if you come over.

M: Ugghh. Fine.

N: See you soon!😏

I roll my eyes and put my phone away. Abby is already in the car when I get there. I get into the passenger seat and give her a look.

"What are you and Nash planning?" I deadpanned.

She blushes but tries to hide it. "I have no idea what you are talking about."

"Hayes said he heard you and Nash on the phone. You were talking about getting Hayes and someone else alone. I think I have a pretty good idea who that someone else is."

She looks down in defeat, but again says "I don't know what you are talking about." 

We drive off to the Grier's house.

(5 min later)

We pull into their driveway and knock on their door. A couple moments later, Nash opens it with a snarky smile.

"Hello ladies." He says.

"Hey Nash." I said as Abby waves.

We walk in and I sit on the couch. Nash yells for Hayes to come down. "Hayes! Your girlfriend is here!"