Chapter 7- Hold on (I Was Wrong)

You woke up very early with the sun barely peeking above the sky. You scratched the eye matter that built up in the corners out with the back of your hand and headed to the bathroom to refresh yourself. You felt oddly good for just waking up. Normally, the morning is the worst time of day for you, but it did not seem as bad this morning.

You checked your phone as you lazily ate your breakfast to see the text you had sent on the bus. You didn't realize what you had said right then, but now it was actually setting in, and Sandra had already responded.

Y/N: Hello Sandra, I would like to speak to you. I don't want to see you or ever wish to talk to you again, but I know I have to at one point in my life whether it is to move on or something like that. So I guess I'm just saying that I want to meet up with you, preferably soon, so I can get what I need to off my chest and maybe even leave things on a good note.

Sandra: Tomorrow at your lunch break? You won't regret it. I promise.

What was Sandra planning on doing?

Y/N: Ya, whatever. That's fine.

You got dressed and ready for another day of draining work at the office. You wished you could quit so bad, but that wasn't an option right now. Not at this stage of your life, but maybe later on.

While at work, your mood wasn't completely pessimistic, like it usually is, it still had a lingering sweetness to it. You still knew you had to speak with Sandra later, but you were not letting it ruin every part of your day, the way you used to let her do. The way you would let her every move control you fully.

The day went by fast and lunch was soon upon you. You met Sandra at a small sandwich shop not far from work. You loved this place when you were with Sandra because it was routine to stop in and get something when Sandra wasn't busy. It wasn't as special today, but it wasn't dreadful to even be near today.

You saw her the second you walked inside. She was at the table we would always sit at to talk and eat. She was stunning, you had to admit. She was beautiful with her dark hair falling effortlessly on her back. Her posture was perfect, not a hint of unetiquitteness.

She saw not long after I walked in and kindly waved you over to sit down. She looked so sweet and gentle. She was at times, but at other times, she could be a nightmare.

"It's so good to see you." Sandra started, she smiled and it looked as if she meant it, but you weren't sure if it was part of the facade she loves to put on. "I'm so glad you wanted to talk to me. You have no idea how long I've waited to be able to speak with you."

"I'm sorry but this isn't our reunion." I let out a sigh. It felt like I was letting her down, but I didn't even do anything wrong.

"I know, look I just wanted to tell you that I was wrong." She paused and fiddled with her drink she had in her hands as she took a deep breath before continuing. "I was wrong to cheat on you and I fully regret it. I wasn't thinking back then, but I'm different now. I have changed. Please believe me when I say that I'm not the same as I was. I had time to think now and get my priorities straightened out."

"Sandra, I-" You didn't know what to say to her. You hadn't even mentioned Cate yet, and she was being too thoughtful, it caught you off guard.

"Y/N, I can't stop thinking about you and it's like you have been calling in my dreams. And then you texted me which I could not wrap my head around, but even if you don't want to ever see me again, just know that I have been thinking about how I did you wrong. I don't want to leave without having said that."

"Sandra, I don't know what to say." You were speechless.

"You gotta listen to me Y/N. It's so clear to me that what I did was uncalled for, please forgive me." She looked at you with her big brown eyes as she begged for your forgiveness.

At the end of the day, you did love you, still. After the time you had to think and remove yourself from the life you were so used to, you still loved her.

Maybe she did mean the words she spoke. You could see it in her face, the pain that once consumed you. Maybe she did change. Maybe.

"Why don't you think and get back with me when you're ready. I'll be waiting." She smiled so surely at you and was about to leave. "Tonight, later, I'm having dinner with some people, why don't you join me?"

"Umm." You were so unsure about everything that happened in the past few minutes, now this.

"You can leave at any time if you feel uncomfortable. It also won't be super crowded, I know you get social anxiety sometimes, but I'll be there and I won't leave your side. Don't worry" She winked at you turning to leave.

She looked back at you for a second and said "It's at 9 pm at your favorite restaurant, if you decide to come." And with that she was gone and you didn't even get in what you wanted to say to her.

She had a way with words and with you that you could quite comprehend fully until it was too late, but you loved how she could do that to you secretly. Her dominance was seductive and she knew it.

~AN: Hey guys i just got inspiration to write a summer story with Carol as a love interest. I just published a few chapters. It's called 1950s Summer. a summer love kinda thing. its going to have a bunch of stuff about Carol's childhood too, if you're interested.