Chapter 5: The Wrong Guy

I woke up the next morning with my eyes were puffy and red. I don't know if I want to go to school today. I slowly sit up from my bed and hear my door crack open it was Luke.

"Hey, morning." He says closing the door behind him.

"Hi." I say in a weak morning voice.

"How are you holding up?" He says sitting down next to me.

"I don't know, I think I'm okay." I say to him looking into his eyes.

"Kylie, your eyes." He says slowly approaching his hand to touch under my eyes. I lean back so he wouldn't touch me. I look down at my blanket.

"What's wrong?" Asks Luke.

"I-it's you." I say wishing I hadn't.

"Me? Did I do something wrong?"

"Maybe I don't know." I say slowly looking up into his eyes.

His eyes locks in with mine, "What do you mean you don't know?"

I breathe in heavy and let it out.
"It started yesterday when you ran after me and stopped me. You looked into my eyes and placed your hand on my face and wiped away my tears and makeup. You made me feel away that I thought I would never feel for you. You're so sweet and caring to me Luke and I don't want that to change. Then just now I felt it again."

"I'm so sorry Kylie, I didn't mean for this to happen. You just know that I really really like you, and I think we can work. Maybe not now, but one day. And if it never works out I will always be your best friend. You are the most beau girl I've ever known. You make me smile, laugh and happy."

Every word Luke said he really meant it. And I knew he meant them to. He could be right, we could work but right now no. I still love Ethan and I just hope I can make it through for however long he'll be gone.

"I don't know what to say." I say to Luke.

"Then don't say anything." He says slowly leaning in closer to me.
He lifts his hand up to my cheekbone. He gets much closer, before our lips touched I closed my eyes and said, "I can't do this to Ethan. I love him. " When I said that our lips barely brushed against each other. Luke quickly pecked my lips and pulled apart. He leaned back looked at me and got up and left my room fast.

"Luke wait!" I say running after him. Until my phone went off.
It was a text message from Allie and Brylie.

Allie: Are you planning on going to school today?

Brylie: Yeah we heard about what happened.

Me: How did you know?

Allie: Grayson told me.

Brylie: Them Allie told me.

Me: I wasn't planning on going to school. What did you guys have in mind?

Allie: We'll go get ice cream and walk around or something.

Me: Okah yeah let's do it. I'll just head to your house Brylie and we'll go.

Allie: Greats sounds good(:

Brylie: Perfect.

*convo ended.*

I hurried and got dressed I put on my striped tank top hoodie with a gold anchor on as a design, and my light pink shorts. I then put on my black sandals. I combed through my hair and applied a little of makeup. I checked in the mirror one final time and headed downstairs to see Luke on the couch watching tv.

"Hi." I say to him.

"Hi." He says not looking at me.

I think his still a little upset but I don't blame him. If I was him I'd be the same way.