Chapter twelve

CHAPTER TWELVE: the ending

【。_。】🅣🅗🅔 🅑🅔🅐🅤🅣🅘🅕🅤🅛 🅣🅡🅐🅖🅔🅓🅨 【。_。】

MACOLM LAWRENCE WAITS NEXT TO STEVE AND SAM IN FRONT OF NICK FURY'S 'GRAVE'.

"So, you've experienced this sort of thing before?" Nick asked, approaching his grave.

"You get used to it." Steve said looking at the grave stone.
Fury's gravestone which bears the epitaph "The path of the righteous man. Ezekiel 25:17". Malcolm had laughed when reading it, as he found it funny that Nick himself picked out the quote. He called him egotistical.

"We've been data-mining HYDRA's files. Looks like a lot of rats didn't go down with the ship. I'm headed to Europe tonight, wanted to ask if you'd come."

"There's something I gotta do first." Steve replied.

"How about you, Wilson? Could use a man with your abilities." Nick spoke.

"I'm more of a soldier than a spy."

"Alright then." Sam and Steve shake Fury's hand. "Malcolm?"

"No offense sir, but I'm staying with my best friend. Especially if the other person is you. Scary motherfucker." The three laughed, as Nick muttered about regretting ever speaking to Malcolm.

"Anybody asks for me, tell them they can find me right here." Fury looks to his gravestone and walks away, just then Natasha joins Steve and Sam.

"You should be honored," Natasha says. "that's about as close as he gets to saying thank you."

"Not going with him?" Steve asked the woman.

"No."

"Not staying here?"

"I blew all my covers, I gotta go figure out a new one." Natasha replied.

"That might take a while."

"I'm counting on it. That thing you asked for, I called in a few favors from Kiev." She hands Steve a file. "Will you do me a favor? Call that nurse."

"She's not a nurse."

"And you're not a SHIELD agent."

Steve paused, then looking at Natasha. "What was her name again?"

"Sharon. She's nice." She kisses Steve on the cheek and turns to walk away. "Be careful, Steve. You might not want to pull on that thread." As Natasha walks away Steve opens the file, which is filled with information about Bucky and the information regarding his Winter Soldier transformation. Both Sam and Malcolm walk over to Steve.

"You're going after him?" Sam asked.

"You don't have to come with me." Steve tells the two best friends.

"We know." Malcolm said. "When do we start?"

【。_。】🅣🅗🅔 🅑🅔🅐🅤🅣🅘🅕🅤🅛 🅣🅡🅐🅖🅔🅓🅨 【。_。】

{396}