~Masquerade~

43.

Draco

"I'll marry her."

I know I'm going to regret this decision. I don't love her. Never have. Never will. But you never know about the future. Maybe I'll grow to love her. All I know is that I have to make my mother happy.

"Oh honey." She said. "You don't have too."

"Mum, I can't bear to look at you like this."

"We'll pay them off. It'll be fine."

"Yes well I'm going to have to marry one day, no?"

"It should be by your own choice. Not someone else's and most certainly not your fathers."

"I'm doing this for me. And I've never loved anyone."

"If only u remembered." She muttered. What did that mean?

"Mum, do you trust me?"

"Of course I do."

"Then trust me when I say this, it'll be fine."

"If you say so."

We were quiet for a while.

"Have you talked to your friends?" She asked.

"Not in a while, why?"

"Just asking. You all have been distant lately."

"I don't seem to get why. Only the battle happened, it's not like the end of the world happened."

"It kinda was that."

"Yea but Potter killed Voldemort. It's over."

"Yes but everyone is still recovering from it. They've lost things, people."

"My friends haven't lost anyone. They're families are fine. And so are their friends."

"Yes but-"

"Mum, relax. It's all good."

I go upstairs and get ready for bed. I was only wearing my grey sweats. No shirt. I laid down on my bed. She was right. My friends and I haven't really talked. I need to know why. They've been very distant. I fall asleep thinking.

I wake up heavily breathing thinking about the dream I just had. Brown haired girl, perfect body, perfect lips, perfect everything. I was touching every inch of her body. From her lips to her- what the fuck. Not being able to meet her eyes was annoying me. Who was she? Her face was a blur too. It was like deja-vu.

I get up from my bed and freshen up. I wore my casual pants and a shirt. My hair was messy. I didn't bother fixing them. I go downstairs and hear voices.  I walk inside the kitchen to see my mom and Nymphadora talking. What the hell is Liv's mom doing here?

"What is she doing here?" I asked.

"Well good morning to you too, sunshine." Nymphadora said.

"Morning. What are you doing here?"

"Just chatting with your mum."

"Sleep alright darling?" Mum asked. "You seem a little tense."

"I'm alright. Where's Liv?"

"So many questions, honestly." She sighed. "She'll be here any second."

"Any-"

I got cut off when Liv aparated here. "Oh hello. I didn't think you'd be here."

"It's my house Liv. Of course I'll be here."

"Then I'll leave."

"Liv, wait."