Part 9

"Here we are."

Poppy used her hip to push open the classroom door, holding it open for Violet to pass through, who was caught off guard by Sunny holding a large bouquet of mixed flowers, specifically poppies, violets, and sunflowers. This wasn't just a pre-arranged bouquet from the local grocery store; this one had to be special ordered.

"Wha- Sunny, Poppy? What's going on? What is this?"

Poppy closed the door behind herself, and she couldn't hide her smile anymore, causing Sunny to start giggling, which only made Violet more nervous.

"Okay, okay,"

Sunny said between steadying her breath, and Poppy made her way to Sunny's side, the two girls wrapping one arm around the other.

"Violet, Poppy and I have been meaning to ask you..."

"...And with the party coming up tomorrow, we figured now was the best time to see..."

The two girls paused for a second and then announced at the same time, holding the bouquet out forward.

"Will you go out with us?"

Violet was as red as tomato and left slack-jawed, as she rapidly blinked, trying to process what her crushes had just asked her.

"...Is that a no?"

"I sure hope not."

Violet finally shook her head to get herself out of her daze, covering her mouth with her hands, but Poppy and Sunny could see her wide smile surpass the space her hands could cover.

"So is that a-"

"Ohmygod, Y E S!"

Violet shouted leaping forward into the two girls' arms, effectively squishing the bouquet in the process.

"Oops. I didn't mean to- I was just so excited!"

Violet awkwardly laughed as she stepped back rubbed the back of her neck.

"I hope that wasn't too expensive."

"Nah."

Poppy shrugged, and set the disheveled flowers on a nearby desk and winked,

"You're well worth it."

"Hehe, it was more about what the bouquet represented."

Sunny explained,

"Violets, poppies, and sunflowers all together! Like us! Well, we hoped just like us, but now it really is!"

"I'm just glad you didn't get asked as someone else's date for the party; we wanted to ask you, like we said, but we also wanted to wait for the right time and for you to seem ready for this-"

Violet put up her hand to signal Poppy to stop talking.

"I wouldn't have accepted anyone else's offer anyway. I knew I wanted this, but, well, I've never been very good with actually going for these sorts of things- and I'm usually very good at getting what I want!"

The trio laughed.

"I guess I was just nervous, and I wanted to give you two some time to get things stable between yourselves before I even considered joining in."

Violet took one of each of their hands in her own.

"...and maybe I was also a little afraid of rejection."

"What?! How could you even think we'd be able to somehow pass up an opportunity to date the Violet Willow?"

"Oh now look who's making who blush."

The girls laughed again and stayed in a tight group hug, only to be interrupted by an unexpected visit from Ms. Morten.

"I don't think you girls are supposed to be in here."

The trio quickly broke apart and tried to explain themselves, but they kept overlapping with each other.

"Alright, alright, settle down."

Ms. Morten hushed, and peered past the girls, seeing their abandoned bouquet of flowers.

She walked over to them, scooping them up, and shaking her head with a smile on her face.

"This wouldn't be my first choice of a party-proposal, but hey, that's just me."

Poppy, Violet, and Sunny all blushed and avoided looking at each other or their advisor.

As the expression goes, they were saved by the bell.

"You kids go on ahead. At least it seems like Violet accepted, so you must've chosen the right place for you three."

She offered the flowers back to Violet, who pushed them back towards Ms. Morten.

"For you, so you could, uh, maybe forget us being where we're not supposed to?"

The three gave her their most convincing smiles, which only made Ms. Morten laugh more.

"You're all fine, but I won't be so forgiving if I hear you're late to your runway class. Now, go!"

Sunny, Violet, and Poppy hurriedly thanked their advisor as they sprinted out the door.

"Kids."

Ms. Morten amused herself as she smiled down at the flowers.