Part 30

That nightmare of a Color Block Party was officially over, and the runway group made their way to their dorms.

The sunflower trio had their arms slung across each other's shoulders, with Poppy in the middle.

True to their prediction, Sunny and Violet had abandoned their heels, walking barefoot while they held their uncomfortable shoes in the hand that wasn't draped around Poppy.

"You guys really need to get better at choosing your shoes; I won't be there every time you need someone to lean on while you can hardly walk!"

"And why wouldn't you be there?? Are you saying you're leaving us?"

Violet exclaimed, with her usual dramatic sarcasm.

"If you keep acting like that then I will be!"

"NoOoOo Poppyyyy!"

Sunny whined,

"Don't leave ussss!"

Poppy giggled,

"Oh don't worry Sunny, it's gonna take a lot more than some sarcasm to get rid of me."

Poppy suddenly pulled her partners closer to her as they walked, halting them from doing so.

"You're stuck with me!"

"We wouldn't have it any other way.

Violet said, but then her tone went a little more serious.

"So, tonight was?"

Sunny blew a raspberry with her tongue and did the best thumbs down she could while holding her heels.

"Yeah, pretty much."

Poppy added, agreeing with her green eyed partner.

"But..."

Violet's eyes darted away from Sunny and Poppy nervously as she asked,

"...that doesn't affect us, right?"

"Huh?"

"I mean I know we said that we'd see how tonight goes...and that the outcome would determine if we, I mean, if I stayed and-"

Sunny leaned her head forward to completely look around Poppy, and they both looked at Violet with shared confusion.

Poppy asked,

"Violet...did you hit your head on something?"

"What??"

"I'm just trying to figure out how you completely forgot everything that happened tonight."

"Of course I remember."

Violet looked ahead at Ruby and Skyler chatting as they walked next to each other, Jade holding Ruby's hand and as Bella held theirs, politely listening to the conversation Ruby and Skyler were having.

"I was the one who recorded the whole thing."

Poppy and Sunny looked at each other, and then Poppy claimed,

"Yeah, you must've hit your head."

"I'll have you know-"

"Violet."

Sunny said her name, clearly serious about what she was going to say.

"It didn't matter to us how tonight would go. Sure, if you had royally screwed up with something then we might've reconsidered this relationship, but..."