Chapter I - Dawn of an Opal

The late October wind brings warmth to Fireblossom field. Trees dance and sway from side to side; their rustling leaves play a tune while the geese overhead sing along on their journey south in the peachy evening sky.Three wolves huddle closely together under a maple tree. One is a male with a pelt of pure white, and another is a female with black fur. The last wolf is their newborn pup.

"She's beautiful." Hakume, the blue-eyed white male wolf states, adoring the snow white pup nestling in its mother's dark fur.

"She has your fur." the mother wolf, Nyx says.

"and your eyes" finishes Hakume, staring deep and lovingly into his mate's Autumn amber eyes. They laid there close together under the maple tree, watching the leaves that pour from the yellow sky. Everything perfect and happy. The sun dips below the trees and one by one, the stars peek out of the  blackness of night like nocturnal eyes awakening. The night takes the warmth away, but the wolves don’t seem to mind, so Hakume, Nyx, and their newborn star gaze anyway.

"Nyx," Hakume says into the silence. "what should we name her?"

Nyx took her gaze off the stars and thought.

"Akita” she answered, finally.

they both smile.