one ➳ call back

"That's... that's actually the funniest thing I've heard all week," Louis cackled, "you're such an idiot."

"Gee, thanks," Zayn responded sarcastically, rolling his eyes.

Louis seemed very much unaffected by this though because he continued his laughing. And Zayn really wanted to know why he chose to make a jackass his best friend.

"It's not my fault you don't know how to call the people you mean to call. You should've double checked."

"Well I know that now," Zayn spat.

"Lighten up mate, it's not that serious."

"It is that serious Lou," Zayn stressed, "that was embarrassing. The guy was talking to me while having sex. Who even does that?"

"It obviously wasn't a problem to him or the girl he was having sex with. He offered to have sex with you and she didn't even budge. If neither of them were affected by the event then you shouldn't care. It's not like you're ever going to meet the guy. And even if you do, neither of you will recognize each other."

What Louis was saying was true. But just because the female was comfortable with the situation, it didn't mean Zayn would be. He wasn't.

He was unamused and highly disturbed.

It would take a real bastard to do something like that. And if the guy could walk around acting in such a way, Zayn could only hope his dick would pay for it.

It probably did if the girl's screaming was anything to go by. And he probably should not be thinking about sex between two strangers right now.

He shouldn't be thinking about sex at all in his place of work.

"Dude, stop dreaming about what the guy's dick probably looks like and come help me wait some tables," Louis demanded then smacked Zayn in the head with his fresh rag before walking off.

Zayn questioned his taste in men day after day.

-

It was late at night and Zayn was reading while softly stroking his German Shepard's fur when his phone went off.

He flinched, the music suddenly startling him when it sounded throughout the quiet room. But Rex remained motionless beside him, still sound asleep.

Zayn took off his glasses and set them aside before picking up his phone, heart thumping when he took note of the familiar number.

He couldn't have been quicker to press Accept, bringing the phone up to his ear in one swift movement, "Liam?"

"Uh, no, Justin actually," the voice spoke.

Zayn recognized the voice immediately despite only hearing it once. And he huffed, body relaxing once more, the feeling of disappointment wavering over him.

"Gee, nice to hear from you too," the man, Justin, said.

"Is that who you were aiming to call last night when you accidentally called me?"

"Yes, actually."

"Did you call him afterwards?"