1

"We're nearly there darl" Darlene, Jamie's mother, said from the front seat of the car "are you ok?" The woman asked, reaching back into the backseat, giving Jamie a reassuring squeeze of the hand.

"Yeah" Jamie replied in an almost whisper, before turning her head to look back out of the window.

"This is a good thing you know?" Richard, Jamie's father, said as he watched the road before him.

"I know but it's just-" Jamie stopped.

"Just what honey?" Her mother asked.

"What if he's following us here?" The girl asked, feeling as though she was about to cry.

"He's dead, you know that" her father sighed.

"They never found the body".

"He's been gone for years" Richard tried to assure his daughter.

"My biological mum was my age when he first hunted her... maybe he's waiting for this Halloween" Jamie reminded the two older people in the front seats of the car.

"Honey, we know how hard it's been... and we're so proud of how well you've handled what life's thrown at you... but we really needed to put the past behind us and move on" Darlene, tried reverting her attention away from that fact "and a way to do that would be to stop talking about... him".

Richard nodded from the drivers seat.

"Ok... I'm sorry" the teen looked to her lap, her hand becoming shaky.

Darlene reached back again and held the girls hand "it's alright" she smiled warmly.

Jamie smiled a tearful smile back.

ᴥ︎

Half an hour later the family arrived at their new house in the little town of Woodsboro.

Jamie looked out of the car window for a moment, in awe of the house above her.

It was white, sturdy, huge and was two stories high.

The girl got out and immediately started grabbing her stuff and helping her parents unpack.

A few minutes later, while her parents were inside setting up the furniture, Jamie was outside, grabbing a box of her stuff, when she heard a "hello" from a mysterious voice.

This caused Jamie to jump in fright and drop the box.

"Oh my god I'm so sorry" the sound of a girls voice said as Jamie picked up her box and turned around.

Her heart was racing from the fright, still, and she had paled.

"Are you ok?" The girl asked, she had brown hair that went just past her shoulders and a fringe, she was also wearing jeans and an oversized sweater.

"Y-yeah I'm fine" Jamie replied.

"I'm Sidney Prescott, your neighbour" Sidney smiled, kindly.

"I'm Jamie Lloyd" She returned the smile.

"Um so I'm guessing your going to Woodsboro high?" Sidney asked.

Jamie nodded.

"You should hang out with me and my friends then" Sidney suggested.

"Sure, I'd really like that" Jamie agreed, already feeling good about this new town.

"Alright well I'll see tomorrow at school then" Sidney said.

"See you" Jamie continued smiling.

"Bye".

"Bye".

Jamie walked back into the house with her box.

"Making friends already?" Darlene asked with a huge smile plastered on her face.

"Yeah I guess" the girl smiled back at her mother before walking up to her own room to set it up.