5

Jamie, Tatum and Sidney all sat together in the downstairs lounge room of Tatums house.

The three sat on a circle on the floor, chatting away.

"So have any guys caught your eye Jamie?" Tatum asked.

"No" Jamie sighed a little.

"Don't worry, Sid and I will help you get a boyfriend" Tatum sent the girl a wink and Jamie laughed.

"Oh question" Sidney started "why are you parents last names different to yours?" She asked as Tatum leant In to listen.

"Well I'm actually adopted" Jamie admitted.

"Oh" the two exclaimed.

"But don't the kids usually have the adoptive parents last names?" Tatum asked.

"My biological parents died in a car crash when I was 7... I wanted to honour them in some way, so I kept their last names" Jamie shrugged her shoulders.

"Wow I'm- I'm so sorry to hear that" Sidney rubbed Jamie's arm comfortingly.

"It's ok, it was a long time ago".

The room stayed silent for a moment before Tatum piped up again "so how are you liking our friendship group?"

"You guys are all really nice" Jamie replied.

Suddenly the small sound of tiny rocks hitting a glass window was heard.

Tatum ran over to the closest window, "oh it's just Stu and..." Tatum went on "Randy" she sighed.

Jamie got up to look out the window with Tatum as Sidney whispered "let them in".

Tatum ran to the front door - luckily her parents and brother were asleep - and opened it to let the two boys in.

Stu went straight to Tatum, he wrapped his arms around her waist and walked with her.

"Hey, J" Randy said as he walked in, he then locked eyes with Sidney, which made him blush a little "hey Sid".

Jamie felt embarrassed, she, tatum and Sidney were all in pyjamas, though the other two didn't seem to care all that much.

Sidney sighed and turned on the tv as tatum and Stu laid on the couch together.

Jamie sat on the floor again and started playing with the string on her pyjama shorts.

"What's that?" Randy said as he sat right opposite her.

"What's what?" Jamie asked.

"The scar" he said pointing to the scar near the shin on her leg.

"Um I uh fell off a bike when I was younger" the girl lied.

"It looks so straight though, like it was done by a knife" he said, almost entranced by the scar "it's like the type of scar the final girl of a horror movie would have"

"Well this isn't a horror movie and it wasn't done by a knife" Jamie said randomly, defensively.

"I'm sorry... sorry" Randy apologised.

"No it's ok" her voice became shaky, remembering what had occurred, causing her to get the scar.

Jamie stood up and let out a deep breath, she took her hair out of the high ponytail and brushed it it her fingers.

"Are you ok?" The boy asked, setting her down again.

"Y-yeah I'm fine, sorry".

"Did you wanna talk about it?"