Dalton's POV

(The two songs that are sung in this chapter are written by a band called Shinedown. A huge thank you to @coles_cupcake on Instagram for making the outfit for this chapter.)

I wake up and look around Annabelle's room. Cole, Todo, and Bam-Bam aren't here.
"They must be downstairs," I think to myself. I take this time and look for Annabelle's guitar and song book.
"Think Dalton. She would've kept it somewhere where she could easily get it," I say to myself. I suddenly get an AHA moment and I opened the bottom staircase. I looked down at the blue guitar and I picked it up, reveling a white notebook with the words SONG LYRICS in big, bold, black letters. Seeing the guitar and notebook brought back a memory of probably one of the best days I've ever know.

FLASHBACK

Disney Dudez was released just a few days ago and already it had reached over 1 million views. To celebrate, Todrick had invited us all over to his house for a bonfire, food, and jamming out to music. I had asked if he'd mind if I brought my guitar and he said that he didn't mind. We were all arriving separately and when I got there, I knocked on the door and Annabelle answered it.
"Hey Dalton! Come in," she says. I walked in while she told me hat I was the first to arrived.
"Weird cause usually Cole or Gabe is the first to arrive," I tell her.
"I know right. Hey do you mind coming with me to my room to grab my guitar? I would do it by myself but at night this place gives me the creeps."
"Yeah sure," I tell her. I kept my leather jacket on to hide the new cuts on my wrist but I take my guitar case off my back and put it on the ice cream table. As I follow Annabelle up the stairs, I accidentally hit my wrist on the railing and I suck my breath in. Annabelle turns around and asks,"Are you ok?"
"Yeah I'm fine," I respond and she gives me a look that says she doesn't believe me but we continue walking to her room. Once we get there, I stand at the doorway and she walks over to her bed to grab her guitar but instead she sits down on the top step and pats the seat next to her. I sit down next to her, a look of confusion is written all over my face.
"Take your jacket off," she says to me.
"Why?" I ask skeptically.
"Dalton, just do it." I do as she says and she grabs my hand and flips it over to look at the new cuts.
"Dalton, why?" Annabelle asks as she looks at me with concern on her face.
"Cause of all the hate! Everyone is saying that I don't belong in the band!" I tell her. She pulls me into a hug and says,"Dalton, you do belong in the band and people will give you hate and try to bring you down but thats just because they're jealous of you and if they're trying to bring you down then that just means your above them. Their opinion doesn't matter. What matters is if your happy. Are you happy?"
"Yeah I am," I say as I pull out of the hug.
"Then you belong in the band. Now let's go back downstairs," she grabs her guitar and a white notebook and we walk downstairs, grab my guitar, and outside to find everyone eating hotdogs.
"What were you two doing?" Todrick asks.
"Just talking about some stuff," Annabelle says as she sits down next to Cole and I sit next to her.
"So Annabelle," Todrick says and she looks at him,"which song are you starting us off with tonight?"
"Well I was thinking of doing my original song, Amaryllis. Does that sound good?" We all nod our heads and she starts playing her guitar and soon she's singing.

In a while now I will feel better
I'll face the weather before me
In a while now I'll race the irony
And buy back each word of my eulogy

All the uninvited tragedies
Step outside

Ask yourself now
Where would you be without
Days like this
When you finally collide
With the moment you can't forget

So do I remind you of
Someone you never met
A lonely silhouette
And do I remind you of
Somewhere you wanna be
So far out of reach
Ohhh I wish you'd open up for me
Cause I wanna know you
Amaryllis
Bloom

Stay a while now
Undress your colors
Cause they're like no others
I've ever seen
I could get used to your company
Step inside

Ask yourself now
Where would you be without
Days like this
When you finally collide
With the motions you can't resist

(By now I had joined in by playing on my guitar and Gabe had joined in on his acoustic box. Annabelle just smiled at us.)

So do I remind you of
Someone you never met
A lonely silhouette
And do I remind you of
Somewhere you wanna be
So far out of reach
Ohhh I wish you'd open up for me
Cause I wanna know you
Amaryllis

In a while now
I will feel better
I will be better

So do I remind you of
Someone you never met
A lonely silhouette
And do I remind you of
Somewhere you wanna be
So far out of reach
Ohhh I wish you'd open up for me
Cause I wanna know you
Amaryllis
Bloom
Amaryllis
Bloom
Amaryllis

After a few hours of playing songs, goofing off and just talking, Annabelle said she was gonna do one last song.

Wrap me in a bolt of lightning
Send me on my way still smiling
Maybe that's the way I should go,
Straight into the mouth of the unknown
I left the spare key on the table
Never really thought I'd be able to say
I merely visit on the weekends
I lost my whole life and a dear friend

I've said it so many times
I would change my ways
No, nevermind
God knows I've tried

[Chorus]
Call me a sinner, call me a saint
Tell me it's over I'll still love you the same
Call me your favorite, call me the worst
Tell me it's over I don't want you to hurt
It's all that I can say. So, I'll be on my way

I finally put it all together,
But nothing really lasts forever
I had to make a choice that was not mine,
I had to say goodbye for the last time
I kept my whole life in suitcase,
Never really stayed in one place
Maybe that's the way it should be,
You know I live my life like a gypsy

I've said it so many times
I would change my ways
No, nevermind
God knows I've tried

[Chorus]
Call me a sinner, call me a saint
Tell me it's over I'll still love you the same
Call me your favorite, call me the worst
Tell me it's over I don't want you to hurt
It's all that I can say. So, I'll be on my way

I'll always keep you inside, you healed my
Heart and my life... And you know I try.

[Chorus]
Call me a sinner, call me a saint
Tell me it's over I'll still love you the same
Call me your favorite, call me the worst
Tell me it's over I don't want you to hurt
It's all that I can say. So, I'll be on my way
So, I'll be on my way

As she finished the last part of the song, she smiled and stood up saying, "I'm gonna put my guitar away and then I'll come say goodbye," Annabelle says and she goes into the house. After a minutes, Annabelle comes back out and we all stand up to hug her goodbye. When she gets to me she pulls me into a tight hug. When we pull apart she looks at me and says," If you ever get that feeling just call me. Doesn't matter where or when. Call me. I'll always answer."
"I will."

FLASHBACK OVER

Ever since then, whenever I got the urge, I would call Annabelle. She was the first person who knew I was gonna leave IM5. I was worried that she wouldn't want to talk to me and she told me that if I was happy, she would always support me and that I could still call her whenever I wanted to. I'm broken out of my train of thought when I hear someone knock on the door. I look up and see Todrick standing there. He tells me to go to the recording room. I do as he says and when I get there I sit next to Cole and across from David.