Chapter 5

Just letting you know....

Warning:

(Mentions of abuse, alcohol, and more shit)

Marinette

I leap out of bed the moment my alarm starts ringing. I shut it off and grab an outfit from my closet. 

I cover up my bruises and cuts then, grab my suitcase and silently climb out of my room

I cover up my bruises and cuts then, grab my suitcase and silently climb out of my room. I gag slightly as the smell of alcohol hits my nose. I cover my nose with one hand and lift my suitcase with the other. I walk through the apartment, avoiding shards of glass, on my way down. 

I see Marin waiting at the door, scrolling through his phone. He was standing as some of the chairs were squeaky and would wake up Tom and Sabine. I squint my eyes at him as I notice growing bruises on his neck. They looked like finger prints. 

Concern fills me as I silently walk to him. He finally notices me and gives me a small smile. "You're ready! I managed to snatch some breakfast. Here." He hands me a bag of macaroons and croissants. "Thanks. And what's on your neck?" 

He goes silent and just grabs his suitcase and carry-on bag. "We're going to be late. Come on." I glare at him but follow his lead. We start walking to school but I am going to find out who gave him the bruises. "So who gave you the bruises?" 

"Nette, drop it. It's not important." Anger swells in me. "No. I'm not going to drop it. This is important." I grab his forearm, pulling him backward slight. He tenses and yanks it away. "Marinette, it's not important! Just stop it already!" He looks at me in the eyes and I flinch at his yelling. 

Panic and fear seize me as I shakily grab my stuff and bolt. I run in the direction of the school and jump when I feel someone grab my arm. I hear Marin's voice but it's faint. Flashes of Tom and Sabine abusing me, yelling at me, me shielding Marin, and every thing just appears in my mind.

I back up and feel my back hit something. I slide down onto the ground, gripping my hair, trying to make everything stop. I feel someone shaking me and something cold touches my wrist. Marin's voice gets clearer and I can understand everything he is saying.

"-ette. Nette. Nettie. Please stop panicking. I'm sorry I yelled. I'm sorry I snapped at you. Please." I tear my eyes away from my lap and to his blue eyes. "I'm sorry I snapped, Nette. I-i just didn't need a reminder of it....." I furrow my brows, my panic subsiding slowly. "What do you mean?"

"I got them last night. You were alseep and I had snuck out of my room because I couldn't sleep.  I had accidently crashed into to something near Tom and Sabine's room. They weren't very happy...."My mouth falls open. 

They'd hurt us, kicked us, slapped us, thrown bottles at us, but they'd never choked us or anything of that sorts. Well to Marin anyways. I was the free for all sibling."Mar, I-i...."I rubbed his cheek, unwanted guilt settling in my stomach. I didn't want to feel guilty but I was.