just wanna be with u.

no matter where life takes us
nothing can break us apart
i just wanna be with u

[fluff]

⋅︓︒︑∘∗✧∘︑︒⚬∙︓·⠄✯∘⠄✧⠄

Their hands intertwined with the biggest smiles on their faces, the two bowed on their huge stage with the rest of their cast mates, taking in the moment they were currently in. They all just finished their opening night show of High School Musical 2, and they were in pure ecstasy.

Their ears were filled with loud cheers that could go on for miles and the sounds of their hearts beating fast, the bright stage lights practically blinding them, trying to bring themselves back to earth after such a chaotic night.

Soon the two best friends we're walking off stage and they couldn't have asked for a better show. It was amazing. Way better than their production of HSM just a year prior.

"We did it, Neens." Ricky cheered with the rest of the cast as they exited into the fairly loud hallway. "Two HSM's down, one more to go." The boy smiles. He notices Nini not being as excited as he expected her to be all of a sudden. But, it wasn't a surprise.

Nini smiles back at him, "If Miss Jenn even decides to do High School Musical 3. Last year she chose Beauty and the Beast and we actually did worse than our first HSM.. And that says a lot." The girl jokes.

He chuckled with her, then noticing his parents down the packed hall. "Oh, catch up with you in a bit? I see my parents."

The now saddened girl nods, her eyes dropping to the floor, "I'll be, uh, by the dressing rooms with the rest of them." She speaks in reference to their other friends, who were waiting with their things to head out to their nearest Denny's in honor of their big night.

Ricky takes notice of her, rather depressing demeanor, "Hey, look at me," The boy starts, his finger coming in contact with her chin, lifting it a bit to have her eyes meet his. From afar, you would've assumed they were together and that he was about to go in for a kiss. She smiles again at him, "Don't worry about YAC, okay? There will be other schools and opportunities for you."

Sighing a bit, she nods once more. And, when she realizes he's not going to leave her until she responds with words that'll convince him she'll be okay, she smiles, "You're right, you're right." She lies, then putting her hands on his chest to slightly push him away, "Now, go say hi to your parents so we can all go eat." She encourages with a slight laugh in her tone.

And he does exactly that.

For some context, it was their senior year and Nini's second year of applying to YAC, and she still hadn't gotten in. Not a call back, not a scout, nothing. This time, they practically ignored her.