family (dr).

takes place in the dear ricky universe, so if u haven't read that yet, u might be just a little bit confused :)

it's also a few years in the future - they're in their mid twenties here.

[fluff]

⋅︓︒︑∘∗✧∘︑︒⚬∙︓·⠄✯∘⠄✧

⋅︓︒︑∘∗✧∘︑︒⚬∙︓·⠄✯∘⠄✧

Nina nervously sat on the edge of her bathroom counter, the cool sensation of the surface on her thighs due to her shorts, letting her legs dangle, swinging them back and forth a bit as she felt the immense rush of anxiety fall upon her while she bit at her lower lip, counting in her head.

There were many more moments in her life where she was under so much stress that she just couldn't even speak near her own self, but now had been one of the most intense episodes of that ever.

The thought of being a mother hardly ever crossed the woman's mind during her adolescence. At the time, she didn't even know there was a person out there capable of loving her enough to impregnate her, but here she is - waiting for this damn pregnancy test result to finish processing the answer. The answer.

She felt her stomach drop and the anxious feeling only intensify as she finished counting down three minutes in her head, not even sure if she wanted to check it. At this point, she felt it would be easier to find out later rather than now. Though, she knew the feeling would go away the moment she did check.

Fuck it.

Letting her hand flip the rest over, mindlessly, knowing if she did it voluntarily that she would be there all day, she took a deep breath.

And let's just say.. She wasn't surprised nor disappointed at the two apparent lines on the stick, indicating that the answer was yes - she was pregnant

Letting out a deep sigh, she couldn't help the small smile creeping on her face as she closed her eyes, trying to focus on her deep breaths to prevent the inevitable tears that were about to spill out. Her hands found its way to her face, letting her face rest in it as the tears of pure joy eventually poured out, never being one to take on emotional things well.

Ever since she was younger, she was like this. Some people would get anxious, some would get excited, and her? If she wasn't muted, she was crying. And right now was no different.

"Oh, my God," She breathed out, her ability to talk in the moment not being completely gone. She'd only gotten better over the years. And she repeated that same sentence over and over, really not knowing what else to say right now.