Chapter 12: Get Together

Spoiler : New character introduced!

Jisoo was sitting on the chair in front of Mrs. Minamoto's table[A/N: remember the sweet old lady from chapter 3 who is also her boss]

"So Ms. Kim how's working here?" Mrs. Minamoto spoke in a faint voice, her eyes roaming here and there.

"Been great ma'am!" said Jisoo with a smile.

"Nice to hear that from you and I would like to inform you that you've been granted a leave for few weeks. You don't have to come to the company at all and work from home if it's too necessary" Mrs. Minamoto said with a tensed expression while meddling with her fingers as if she was hiding something from her and too afraid to disclose it.

Jisoo was confused about the sudden news. It's not that she didn't want it, she needed it after the dreadful events that had been happening to her which sometimes haunted her at night in her dreams. They were the cause of her absent mindness as well as fear but felt weird about the unexpected leave.

"Ok ma'am but can I ask you why?" - Jisoo

Mrs. Minamoto was caught off-guard by her sudden question.

"That's--Tha..t's because umm...bec-because you're new here and may need some rest from work" she said stuttering not able to find correct words to speak.

Mrs. Minamoto had been acting strange thought Jisoo. She was confused as to why Mrs. Minamoto seemed uncomfortable, looking here and there and her voice too low. She was not like the sweet and joyous person she'd been observing since she started working in the company.

Out of curiosity and worriedness Jisoo asked "Is there something wrong ma'am?"

"N-No, Nothing" her boss said with a expression of terror gulping down her saliva.

Jisoo knew it wasn't the truth but restrained herself from asking further maybe her boss was stressed or just worried about something, who knows.

She went back to her desk and told about the sudden leave to her friend Atsumi.

"You're so lucky Jisoo! to get leave without even asking although it's strange to get one here" said Atsumi in astonishment.

"Mrs. Minamoto said that as I was a new employee so might need some rest from the work" - Jisoo.

"Oh I see, you're the first one to receive this much kindness from the company because usually leave applications are granted by higher authorities and not by Mrs. Minamoto. Although Mrs. Minamoto is kind enough but she is not allowed to sanction any kind of leave before considering with the head so certainly it's not Mrs. Minamoto to give you one." said Atsumi.

Jisoo nodded analysing the new information in her mind.

"Why am I given this sudden leave did I do something wrong?" she asked herself.

Little did she know that there was a purpose behind the leave and it wasn't a good one.

As the both were talking another person came to join them. Kenshi Sakurada a typical Japanese guy who was also one of the co - workers of Jisoo and was very close to her friend Atsumi so eventually resulted the three to become great friends.

"Hey ladies just wanna remind about our little get together at the nearby diner today so don't forget to come. Especially you Jisoo everyone would like to know more about you as you're new here and no excuses. Am I clear?" said Kenshi.

"Yes Boss!" Jisoo playfully stated and started giggling along with Atsumi.

Kenshi stared at her for a moment and went back to his place with a blush crept onto his cheeks. He found Jisoo both interesting as well as ethereal.

After calling the day off the three headed to the place where they will be having their get together along with some of their co-workers.

Time skip:

The road was deserted and rustling of leaves due to the blowing wind was the only sound to be heard. Jisoo was returning from the get together she'd been to. She had a great time there and got to know a lot about her colleagues. She had to walk through the dark alleyway to reach to her house.

Her heart started beating faster as she sensed the sound of footsteps following her

When she started to walk rapidly, the pace of footsteps also increased. She clenched her fists which were sweaty due to fear.

She stopped in her tracks and looked back but found no one instead she was greeted by a person in front of her smiling creepily.

* * * *

As you all wanted them to meet so there will be an encounter of both leads in the next chapter : )

What role will Kenshi play in the story? Why Jisoo's boss was acting strange infront of her and why was she given the sudden leave?

I hope you don't mind me including Japanese names in the story.