2: shay the bae

"Hurry up, Aki!" I shout excitedly, "I wanna get to school quickly so I can walk around the hallways doing nothing during class so I can bump into guys on purpose!"

"Umm o-okay. B-But I'm a little bit shy so you should s-slow down so I d-don't accidentally m-make eye c-contact with so m-many people..." he mutters shyly. What a soyboy.

I run ahead and leave him behind; he doesn't understand me!

***

I clutch my vampire teen fiction books as I walk into the school. I've been here for a week now and so far it's just sooo boring! The bad boy Michael Sheep I saw last week hasn't paid me any attention for ages! He's such a tease.

As I walk, my glasses, which I don't actually need and just wear to look quirky, miraculously slip off my face and I step on them and trip and all my books fall to the ground. Every time!

Just as I'm reaching down to collect the books again, my eyes flicker up to meet a pair of brown orbs the colour of a nutritional turd. They're so beautiful and chocolate I want to drown in them.

"Uh- your books, m'lady?" the caramel-coloured boy with fluffy brown hair whispers with a gentle smile. My heart flutters as his fingers caress mine like a toothbrush against teeth; he's so dreamy... Just then, a shadow lingers behind me and I squeal as I stand.

It's... It's Michael!

Are they going to fight over me?!

Michael gives me an intimidating stare before walking over to the brown-orbed boy and giving him a high-five, and suddenly I recognise him as the school's popular prince; he has perfect grades, perfect looks, is charming and kind, standoffish but polite! Shay Parrot!

But how can someone like him be friends with the bad boy?

Shay turns to me apologetically, "Haha I'm sorry about him, Helena!"

"Y- Y- You remembered my name?!" I stutter nervously because his hot presence makes me nervous.

He chuckles kindly with kindness on his face, "Of course I do, how could I forget a pretty face like yours, m'lady?"

I swoon and the constant, almost unnatural, beating of my heart gets so out of control that my vision blurs and I fall to the ground, fainting.

But I know one of them will catch me.