2

Yuqi

"Nice to meet you, Yuqi. Let's get along well!" he said with a smile.

Lucas took out his hands enthusiastically and Yuqi took it. His hands were big and covered her petite hands completely.

Yuqi smiled at him, "Yeah, nice to meet you too, Xuxi."

Just then, her phone rings. She already knows who it is. "I gotta go, I'm sorry..."

She got up from the chair but Lucas grabs her hand. "Can I text you?"

Yuqi was speechless. What is up with this boy? But judging from how he's been acting, he will just argue his way until she says yes so she spared the trouble. "Sure."

Lucas let go of her hands and smiles at himself, "Okay, I'll see you later for the payment."

He winks and waves at her as she leaves the shop in a hassle. Yuqi picks up the phone.

"What took you so long to pick up?"

Yuqi sighed, "Mom! It's not even 7 AM yet. I was uh..." she glances back at the shop, seeing Lucas waving both his hands widely at her, "I was getting something to eat."

She hears her mother sigh at the other end, "How is it there? Did you get on the good side of professors?"

Yuqi rolled her eyes, "Classes didn't start yet! It starts next week."

"But I want you to get to know your professors and give them something. You don't need to be in class for that."

Yuqi sighed, "Okay, mom. I got it. How's dad?"

"He's been going around the neighborhood boasting to everyone you got into Cube University. That idiot acts as if he got in it himself. We're just very proud of you, sweetheart."

Yuqi chuckled softly, "Yeah, I know. Tell him I said hi, I'm going to go to the library once it opens so I'm going to hang up now."

"Sure, sweetie. Make sure to eat well and focus on your studies! Don't get behind others. Love you!"

"Love you too." Yuqi hangs up the phone.

Her parents expect a lot from her. She signed up for many universities and all of them accepted her in. Since she was young, she had gotten good grades and did everything her parents tell her to. She was a prodigy and good at many things. Let's just say, she didn't really have time to do anything else. Her whole life was basically controlled by her parents. She had never been to a party since her parents thought they were useless. She had never attended any school events unless it gives her extra points. She frequently had to turn down her friends' invitations to sleepovers or girls' nights out. Yuqi hangs out with them only if she had done all of her works. Luckily, it is still her break so she can roam around as she pleases for now, but once it's exam time, she seldom leaves her room unless needed for classes, showers, and food.

Yuqi turns around and begins walking to the library but bumps into someone. She glances up and sees Lucas looking down at her.

"Why didn't you tell me you were standing there! Gosh, I almost fell again."

Lucas casually says, "You forgot your book so I came to return it to you."

She takes back the book, "Oh, thanks."

"Anyways, you said you were going to the library! Funny coincidence. So am I! Let's go!" He begins to walk happily ahead of her.

Yuqi stares at him. Had he listened the whole time while she was calling her mom?