Dancing in the Lilies-1

Hi everyone! This was my first story on Wattpad. However, I decided to change it up a little bit. The old title was Kissing by Moonlight, Laughing Through Lilies. I started to read over some of my old work and decided that changes were much needed. Let me know what you think! Thanks! ♥♥

**************************************************************************************************************** 

"Leah! Hurry up and get in here!" I heard my mom's voice calling me from the kitchen. 'Ugh!' I thought as I rolled my eyes and got up from my chair in the living room. I trudged into the kitchen to see my mom standing there with her hands on her him and a no nonsense look on her face. "Leah, are you packed yet?"

I groaned. "No. Do I have to go?" I sat down at the table and put my head on the table. I knew how this conversation would end.

"Leah, we are going to Texas to visit your grandmother. We are going on a family vacation and since you are part of this family, you are going with us!" My mom crossed her arms.

"Mom, I do not want to go. I'll stay here with Ozzie!" I gestured towards our dog, whose ears perked up at the sound of her name.

"We have a plane ticket for you and the dog is coming with us. Now go upstairs and pack and I don't want to hear anymore arguing."

"Mom. Technically, I don't have to go. I am 19 years old. I am an adult." I knew I was playing with fire here.

"Leah, look up. That is my roof you see. You live in my house, you are going to follow my rules. Now, come on. It will not kill you to go on this vacation. You need to see your grandmother. She misses you."

"I miss Grandma too, and I love her. It's just that I'm college starts up again in the fall and I want to spend my summer with my friends." I knew I wasn't going to win.

"You can spend time with your friends after we get home. Now go pack. We're leaving tomorrow." And I just got burned.

"Fine." I went upstairs to pack my suitcase so I could spend my summer in the heat of Texas. I turned on my radio. Back to Decmeber by Taylor Swift started to fill my room. I sighed. This song always reminded me of my ex-boyfriend Liam. Liam and I met when I was 16 and we dated for a while. When I fell for Liam, I fell hard. I was pretty sure that I was in love with him and that I was going to spend forever with him. My mom put a stop to that relationship as soon as she possibly could. Liam was a good boyfriend. He was always very respectful to me and to my parents. We had a lot of fun together and my mom saw that. However, my mom and Liam's mom wdidn't exactly get along and she thought that I was getting too serious about Liam, considering I was only 16. My mom stopped letting me go on dates with him and after a while, she stopped letting me go out all together, knowing that when I said I was with my friends, I was actually with Liam.

Eventually, I decided that it would be best if I stopped trying to hide the relationship and I broke it off. Liam and I haven't talked since then. We went to the same high school and live in the same neighborhood, so avoiding eachother has been impossible and when we do see eachother, it's always awkward. When I broke up with Liam, I told him that it was because my feelings had changed and that I wasn't interested in him anymore. None of that was true, but I didn't want to make my mom sound like some mean and terrible person. She could be overbearing and she could be unfair, but she was my mom and most of the time, she was amazing, loving, and kind.

I started to throw things into a suitcase when I heard a couple of knocks on the door and looked up to see my 13 year-old sister Lizzie come in. "What's up?" I asked her, while I continued to pack every piece of clothing in my closet.

"Nothing. Just Landon and his stupid friends making way to much noise in his room. They have that stupid TV so loud. Ugh!" She flopped down on my bed.

I smiled. "Lizzie, Landon is a 16 year old boy. There is nothing in his life more important than video games and girls. I used to have your room though, it sucks having a room that is right next to Landon's." I felt bad for her. Our brother could be annoying.

She helped me pack and eventually we went to bed. We flew out to Texas bright and early the next morning. When we got off the plane, the summer Texas heat hit us like a ton of bricks. When we drove into our grandma's small town, I started to get excited to see her. I handn't seen my grandma in a really long time. When we pulled into her driveway, my grandma came bursting out the door with her arms open. I ran into her arms and met her with a hug. She held us tight and we all went inside.

We always went through a routine when we saw Grandma. She told us how big we were getting, asked us how life in Chicago was treating us, she asked us about school, and asked my parents how, as she said it, "lawyer life" was treating them. I was sitting in my grandma's living room talking to Lizzie, when Grandma came in. "Leah, honey, I know you just got here, but would you be willing to come to the ranch with me and help me out with the chores?"

I nodded. "Sure. I don't know how much help I'll be, but I'll try." She smiled.

"Perfect. Go change. You're going to want a pair of shorts and a t-shirt you don't mind getting dirty. Oh, and put your hair back." I went upstairs and changed and met her at the bottom of the stairs. "Let's go."

We pulled up to the old ranch house that my grandma and grandpa used to live in. When my grandpa died, my grandma moved into a smaller house in town. We drove past the house and down to the huge stables that held all of the horses. I noticed a truck parked in the driveway, but waved it off. We got out of the car and walked into the stables. There was a guy feeding a horse, and he turned around at the sound. My eyes went wide. The guy looked to be about my age. He was wearing jeans and a t-shirt that showed off some of the muscles that farm work had given him. His dark hair and dark eyes made me want to drool. My grandma smiled. "Leah, this is Ty. He's a farmhand who helps me with the horses." I smiled. Maybe our trip to Texas would be better than I originally thought.

'**************************************************************************************************************** 

A little boring--I know. But don't worry, it gets better!