~ONE~

Sophie flopped onto her bed, letting the soft covers comfort her. Iggy made a weird gurgling sound and curled up on her shoulder, like it was a bed. Sophie stroked his little head, and he nipped at her finger.

It was early in the morning, and Sophie was exhausted. Her sleep had been horrible. Sophie swore she woke up every 10 minutes, which was unfortunate, because it took her at least 20 minutes to fall back asleep.

Downstairs, she heard the whoops and hollers of Grady trying to bathe a dinosaur, yet again. He had been up since about 6 AM, and Sophie couldn't help but spy on him. She crept downstairs, peeking out the window. 

Sophie observed Grady as he violently tried to toss a sponge at the t-rex. The creature kept shying back from Grady. He hadn't earned it's trust yet.

Sophie plopped on the couch in the main room, sighing loudly. She assumed Edaline was still asleep. It was only about 7:30 AM. Sophie's mind swirled into a deep pool of thoughts. Her boredom was almost overwhelming.

Suddenly, as if answering her silent, bored cry for help, the doorbell rang. She pulled her hair back and dusted off her wrinkly tunic before heading downstairs. Sophie yawned as she opened the door. It was Dex. He breezed past her, not even bothering to ask to come in. She stood, shocked as he said with a serious, urgent voice:

"Sophie, I think I figured out where the Neverseen's hideout is."

Sophie looked at her best friend, "Where?"

Dex stared at her solemnly, "Promise you won't freak out?"

Sophie glanced at her feet and gulped nervously, "I promise."

Dex's periwinkle eyes crinkled with worry, as he pointed out the window towards Grady, "There."

A/N: (Adira) Sorry about the short chapter-the next one will be much longer. Please keep reading, we will be active on this story! (We will publish the next chapter today or tomorrow, keep reading!! And tell your friends!) Also, please vote in the comments which one of us (me or Skylar) should get to marry the KOTLC character-to-be-named-later. I'm telling you, I deserve it! (LOL.) I love him too much, it would be like ripping out a piece of my heart if Skylar won! 

A/N: (Skylar) Vote for me! I NEED to fake-marry the KOTLC boy! I saw him first. I am but an innocent girl with an impeccable taste in fictional boys. Don't crush MY dreams, crush ADIRA'S! ("Don't worry Skylar," you all say, "We love you and you totally deserve that KOTLC boy!) Why thank you kind readers. And I've decided not only will I dedicate a chapter to my voters, the person who votes the most will get to choose the chapter dedicated to them! So vote for me! (I bow to your adoring cheers) Thank you! Thank you! I'm here all week folks. 

(Imagine a cute little puppy begging you to vote for Skylar. You say no, the puppy cries. You say yes, the puppy rolls over and makes an adorable sound that melts your heart. What will you do!!? Don't disappoint the puppy, vote for Skylar!)