Earned Trust

Chapter thirteen

.

.

.

.

.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Nya asked, placing a hand on her friend's cheek. "Yes, now quit asking, I rather not discuss last night's events." She stated, smacking away her ally's hand. "(Y/n)..." "It was just a small tantrum I had, it shouldn't happen again, so stop asking about it." She huffed, the blush on her cheeks worsening.

Nya frowned, forcing her freind to look at her. "(Y/n), don't you dare ever call what just happened yesterday a tantrum." She scolded, (Y/n) still avoiding her eyes. "We're allies, allies show no weakness." Nya's eyes softened at that sentence. "We're friends, friends can feel vulnerable and feel safe with eachother."

(Y/n) placed a hand over Nya's, letting out a sigh. "You don't need to start with the heavy stuff of whatever trauma you're going through, but I want you to know that I'm here." The girl in red smiled, kissing her forehead as a way to show she was genuine. "I just..." She couldn't finish whatever she wanted to say, which was totally fine for Nya.

"Okay, how about this then." Nya got up from the bed they sat on, pulling out her phone. "We'll set up some boundaries, things I should and shouldn't do, just so I won't trigger anything." She smiled encouragingly, waiting for her friend to say anything.

"You first, if you want me to be vulnerable, then show me your weaknesses." Was all she said. "Oh, well, um, I guess.." Nya stuttered for a bit, stratching the back of her head. "You're sort of the first girl friend I've had." The girl suddenly blush, quickly defending what she said. "A-And as girl friend, I mean like a friend that is a girl, n-not a girlfriend like lovers or anything."

(Y/n) continued to listen, confused on why she needed to elaborate what girlfriend meant, but still she listened. "A-Anyway--ahem-- Kai always sort of took any friends I had, turning them into one of his girlfriends." "Which type of girlfriend?" (Y/n) questioned. "The lover type." Nya answered, rolling her eyes. "It always got annoying hearing them talk about how cool my brother was, how attractive, it's gross." She complained, laying on her back.

"Don't get me wrong, he's my brother, of course I still care about him, but I hate being in his shadow." Nya tilted her head to look at (Y/n), seeing her look back with so much attention. "Kai got to know our parents, he was always popular in school, and me, I have to do so much to not be labeled as his annoying little sister."

"Well, I never seen you much of a shadow, you shine too bright to be one." (Y/n) complimented her, getting the girl to blush. "Okay, now that I've shown you that you can trust me a bit more, are you willing to tell me what to not say or do to not offend or trigger you?" She asked. "Or even anything in general that you want to tell me." When (Y/n) finally nodded.

"I... I hate the way you all disrespect my Lord, maybe you could not insult him, or at the very least when I am around?" Nya nodded. "Only if you do the same for Sensei Wu." She giggled at the way her whole face twisted in a pout, she found it cute. "I guess that would be fair." She muttered, not that happy on the agreement.

"Anything that you want me to keep a secret, I am willing to keep silent, but if it gets in the way of my Lord or anything he is trying to accomplish, I won't stay quiet." That was a hint, telling her that she shouldn't share anything that has to do with defeating Garmadon. "Okay, anything else?"