Chapter 12

My head was pounding. If I didn't know any better, I'd say there were a million tiny baseball players inside my head using my brain as their baseball.

I opened my eyes, but the sunlight coursing through the curtains stung my eyes at an unbearable level. So I closed them again, rubbing them gently to sooth the pain, then I tried once more. It was still extremely bright in the room but now I was at least able to see my surroundings.

My own room stared back at me. I was in my room. Good.

But what happened last night? I remembered everyone coming over, and I remembered having a few drinks. However, that was about it. But by the looks of how messy my room was, something serious must have happened in here. Maybe there was another fight that I just couldn't remember. I sat up quickly, my sore eyes taking in the sight of my room; books were knocked onto the ground, my desk was crooked, and the curtains were torn from my window. It looked like a tornado had swept through here.

If there was a fight, where were my bodyguards? Where was Marco? Ugh, how stupid could I be? I promised myself to do everything in my power to keep Marco from giving his life to protect mine but what if that moment came last night and I was too drunk to do anything about it.

My mind spun within my head and I lifted a hand to my forehead to calm my dizzy brain. Luckily, I didn't see any blood which meant one of two things. Either the killing was done elsewhere or someone had cleaned the blood up. But the second option didn't make any sense, so it must have been the first choice. Which still didn't make any sense because if the killing took place elsewhere, why was my room so messy, and how did I get here?

I gently eased myself out of the bed, but as I went to stand up I felt something tighten around my waist. Fear burst into my chest like an explosion of lava from a volcano. Who was laying next to me, and why hadn't they killed me yet?

My fingers shook as I reached forward the pull the sheets off of whoever was currently sleeping in my bed. I'd have to fight for my life, which meant attacking this person the first chance I got. But when the silk covers fell away from their head, coal black hair met my eyes as well as a tattoo clad chest. And suddenly I realized who this was.

Marco?

Marco.

My breath must have froze within my lungs because I couldn't breath. Marco was laying with me, in my bed, with no shirt on. Then another thought occurred to me, I looked down at myself and saw that I was only in my bra and underwear. I bit my lip, fearful off what I may have done while under the influence. I reached towards the sheets covering Marco body, my hands shaking once more as I lifted the covers away from his body to make sure he was still wearing pants.

And he was.

I sighed in relief when I saw that he was still wearing his jeans. So that must mean we didn't go all the way.

But if there wasn't a fight, then what the hell happened to my room?

And as if someone had flipped a switch within my mind, the memories came back. I remembered Marco and I making out downstairs, then we moved upstairs and tore my room apart. I slapped my hands over my eyes, what had I done? I had single handedly ruined everything, now things were going to be so awkward between Marco and I.

However, I had to remember also that I had no one to blame but myself. Marco had tried to tell me we couldn't be together like that but I had ignored him and seduced him anyways. It was my fault and my fault alone.

Out of pure guilt, I tried to slide out from under Marco, my eyes burning in shame. But when I attempted to slip out of Marco's grasp, his eyes snapped open, those dark eyes wide and alert though they were still laced with sleep. He shot into a sitting position, his head whipped around the room before his eyes finally landed on me.