midnight love pt. 1

I got up early and went to a coffee shop near my apartment in Manhattan. I was quite excited to finally be able to travel. Quarantine is over and everything is finally getting back to normal. I'm going back to the UK to surprise Damon and Jamie and the rest of our crew for Damon's birthday. I miss him. Well, I miss them. It's been a year since I've seen them. I'm just so excited to go back.

I'm leaving tonight. I'm leaving New York, my apartment, my studio, and my friends and family. I'll come visit them. I have to tell Damon that I'm moving to London. I haven't told him yet and I'm not sure how he'll take it.
I took my jet and headed off to see Damon. I miss him so very much. I hope he misses me too.

When I arrived I felt the jet lag pretty bad. The party was tomorrow night, so I've decided I'll keep it secret that I was there. Unless the paparazzi finds out which I really hope not. I shopped around and had some time to rest. Tomorrow was the night I'll be seeing him.

My hair and makeup crew came to my house and helped me get ready. Since I'm petite, I had strapped laced black leather high heels and a black skin fitted dress with a slit on side to show off my leg. It really showed off my silhouette, which I'm hoping someone will notice. My hair was down with flowing curls. Red lipstick will bring out my pink cheeks. I had my diamond earrings and choker on. I wore my favorite diamond ring and bracelet that matched. I took my Chanel clutch and proceeded out the door to my driver. It was time for the party.

The venue was gorgeous. As I walked in I noticed people turning their heads to see who came in. I smiled and politely nodded as a way to say hello from afar. The chandeliers were shining from the ceiling. The people were talking, dancing, and drinking. Just having a great time. Everyone seemed like they we're having fun.

I looked around to try to find Damon or Jamie. I saw to my left Jamie hanging out at the bar so I went over and surprised him.

"Don't drink too much Jamie." I said while walking up to him. He turned around and his eyes widen from excitement.

"Y/N! Oh my! How you been?" He asked and reached out for a hug.

"I've been great! I'm actually moving here soon and I'm really excited to see you guys!" I exclaimed.

Jamie and I caught up with each other. I realized I haven't seen Damon since I've gotten here. I took a sip from my glass and looked over at the dance floor. I saw Damon dancing. Dancing with an unfamiliar woman. I looked over to Jamie with a disappointed expression on my face.

"He didn't tell you did he?" Jamie asked in concern.

"Tell me what exactly?" I replied while looking down at my now empty glass.

"Damon's girlfriend. Natalie." He said while looking down at my frown.

I honestly didn't know what to say or feel. In my mind I really thought that he was going to be mine. I was too late. She has him now. A slow song began to play and I looked over at the dance floor. They were dancing in each other's arms, smiling, and I was standing at a bar by myself looking like a loser with no date. As they were waltzing around Damon looked up and saw me. He caught me already staring at him. I turned my frown into a quick big smile and gave a little wave. I think he saw the disappointment in my eyes. He was surprised. I could tell by how big his light colored eyes got. He smiled back and continued to dance.

"Hey! Why don't we take some photos at the photo booth?" Jamie asked trying to cheer me up as a distraction.

"Um well, sure." I replied as we walked over to the photo booth.

It was more of a small version red carpet. There was a camera and a polaroid version. Jamie and I took some fun photos and did some interesting posing.

"Jamie, your modeling is great. You sure you have the right job?" I said sarcastically.

He laughed and continued his solo shoot. I told him I needed to step out for a second. I walked to the washroom and made sure my makeup was still in tact. Then the bathroom stall opened up. It was her. Natalie.

"Oh hello there love!" she said while washing her hands. I nervously smiled.

"Oh hi." I said while putting my lipstick away.

"I really love your dress. It's beautiful. Oh I wish I would've thought of wearing something like that." She said while drying her hands with the fancy towels.

"Oh um, thank you so much. You look wonderful yourself!" I replied.

Well she did. Even though she was a bit taller than me she was still amazing. Her black hair and her beautiful smooth skin. She seemed a bit older yet so young. She was gorgeous no wonder Damon fell for her.

"How do you know Damon?" she asked while fixing up her dress.

"Well I was invited to sing a song for Gorillaz and that's how I met Damon. We became very close after that. Our chemistry revolves around music." I replied confidently.

"Oh wow! You must be incredibly talented!" she answered with a smile. I got curious so I asked her as well.

"Well, I'm Natalie. I'm Damon's girlfriend. We're still pretty new. I'm pretty sure he's talked about you before." She replied.

"I'm y/n. It's nice to meet you." I said back with a smile.

"You live in America right?" she asked.

"Oh wow yes I do!" I answered. I didn't know he talked about me.

"Well it was quite nice to meet you. See you around!" She said as she left the washroom.