My Job

"Peach!" Dean called out to her and he walked into the open terrace. "I was looking for you everywhere. Are you okay?"

Kate didn't respond, she stood by the railing looking at the soft blue sky. He ran a hand through his hair to keep himself from pulling her into his arms.

"I have appointed some men outside your apartment. They'll keep supervision, report back anything suspicious. Another set of men will be positioned in case you need to go somewhere. They'll follow you around. You won't even know they're here. Don't worry you'll be safe."

"I don't need to know all these. I didn't have a clue all my life, why do I suddenly need to be burdened with all these details?" Kate turned around to face him, pulling all her hair to one side as the wind was blowing her hair around her face. The action was unconscious but it caught Dean's eyes. Everything about her was still delicate, despite how tough she showed she was.

"Because you've never been attacked before, someone is targeting you, who probably knows why you're being kept under protection."

"Can you please stop saying that. I am not valuable to anyone, so I don't understand why I have to be treated like something precious. Do whatever you have to, just don't interrupt my life. I've already wasted a lot of time in bed." Kate dismissed him with a calm composure and walked past him.

Dean sighed in frustration, he knew this wasn't going to be an easy task.

On the outside, Kate was calm and composed, but in the inside everything was jumbled. She couldn't think straight. She didn't want to think about everything that unfolded in just a couple of hours. Things that didn't add up started to make sense, things that made sense all her life started to feel obscure.

Her head was pounding and the only solution was to not think at all. Kate waltzed into her partner's office, "We're going shopping and hitting the club afterwards. Get your ass up."

Chloe didn't say another word. She picked up her phone and purse and got ready for some actual productivity, with all the tension and the security instalment going on the whole day was a bust anyway.

Like she predicted, retail therapy was the best kind of therapy there was. She shopped a little, truth be told it was overdue, with so much work she barely rested until the accident.

Kate bought a few new short dresses for specifically clubbing. One of them were a satin royal blue dress that stopped really high on her thigh, and a crisscross in the front, flaunting her cleavage. She mentally decided she'd wear this one tonight. Chloe had already a lot of dresses ordered online, so she got herself some basic accessories like earrings, bags and stockings.

A new nightclub opened near Chloe's neighbourhood, so they went to her apartment and got dressed. Kate put on her blue dress and one of Chloe's navy blue heels. Chloe dressed in a full sleeve, deep V-neck black dress, she paired it with long silver earrings and black glitter pumps. And they were ready to hit the club.

 And they were ready to hit the club