Episode 34

Caspian Throndsen's Point of View

I gripped my sword as I watch Lady Haydn having a clash of mana with Velvet and Daven.

No matter how I look at it, it's just doesn't sit right.

"..." I shifted my gaze at Lucas, and then, I flinched and my eyes widened at the sight of his veins popping on his arms as he clenches his fists.

Lucas...

This is such a cruel situation for both of us.

Is there no other way?

"Move"

While I was lost in thought, I heard that one word that made me back to my senses.

It's Lucas, standing right before me with his cold gaze.

" What are you gonna do?"

" I. Said. Move."

My blank expression didn't change and I just looked at him straight in the eye.

" I see."

He stayed still, and I think he's waiting for me to move out of his way.

" But I can't do that" I held my sword and pointed it at him. " As the first son of the Pattinson Family and the successor of that house, you must follow my orders for I am the future Emperor of the Empire. You don't want to get arrested for treason, do you?"

His expression remained and he didn't even flinch a bit.

" I don't care if I get arrested, my family is my utmost priority in my life and I don't mind getting imprisoned if it means I could protect them."

...

Lucas...

The way he talks feels like he has higher knowledge than me.

" Can't you see? She's not your family anymore!"

And finally, I saw a change in his expression. He knitted his eyebrows and gritted his teeth.

" There must be a way."

"..."

He's...

My eyes widened as I thought of something.

How could I sacrifice an innocent person for the sake of my family, the empire? I'm not like any other rulers that would be willing to sacrifice one life for the sake of a thousand lives.

And Velvet, how could I?

How could I sacrifice that woman?

I'm not going to choose between her and the empire.

Because I'm gonna save them both.

I held my sword down and looked at him with a serious face.

" It seems like you've decided, your highness"

I nodded and shifted my gaze to Velvet's direction. " What's your plan?"

"...I don't know." Lucas replied.

-.-

Yes yes... as expected from Lucas.

If we only have Red here--- come to think of it, where is he?

Red Pattinson's Point of View

The twins left.

And here we are, struggling from these ropes.