We meet the goddess of love and I try not to drool

1 Month later.

Nico and I stood back to back as we faced off the laistrygonian giants. And let me tell you they are not people to be messed with. Heck they're not even people.

Nico slid under one with one of my daggers and sliced his upper thigh. He tossed me his sword and I stabbed one giant through his gut. But not fast enough, because just before he turned into yellow dust, he drove the other dagger into my side.

I cried out in pain and fell to the ground. Kinda pathetic, I know. What I can stand off against hell hounds and different monsters but get stabbed by a giant?

Nico was immediately by my side.

"You couldn't have moved?"

Those were the first words he said. Not 'are you okay' or 'does it hurt', but calling me stupid. That was kind of our thing.

"There was no room" I told him. "Or I would've tripped over you"

"I hate you" Nico grumbled.

"Hey death boy, I hate myself too." I winced as he helped me to my feet. "You're not special"

"Vi, we talked about this"

Just as we stepped out of the alley, a limousine parked itself in front of us. And a very attractive woman stepped out.

"Whoa" I managed. "Who- who are you?"

We had kind of started to beware around magical strangers. And I could tell that she was definitely magical. Her appearance was constantly changing. One second she looked like my first girl crush, and then this really hot t.v. actress, and then- you get the idea.

"Aphrodite, dearies" She introduced herself. "And close your mouths or you'll swallow a fly"

I realised my mouth was hanging open, I quickly snapped it shut.

"You know, I was just in the neighbourhood" Aphrodite said. "And it looks like you need help.. I'd be happy to offer some"

She pointed to my stab wound. It was true, I did need help. If it had been any other blade, it wouldn't have hurt half as much. But Stygian Iron was slowly taking my soul. Nico's powers could only slow what it was doing.

In fact now that I thought about it, my entire left side seemed to be on fire. Still I forced myself to think. Gods and Goddesses usually didn't go around offering help

"Why do you want to help us?" I leaned on Nico. The pain was acting up. I felt like someone had torn off the flesh at my waist.

"Just because you two are the cutest" She gushed.

"We're not- It's not" I tried to explain.

Nico immediately moved away which caused me to fall onto the ground. I grumbled a sarcastic thanks, and tried to hide my burning cheeks. Look, I don't like Nico di Angelo okay? I don't!

It's just something about his stupid hair and his stupid eyes and his stupid half hearted insults, and his stupid powers and his stupid being. 

OH FUCK.

I caught feelings for Nico di Angelo

Aphrodite smiled like she enjoyed watching me come to the realisation that I liked my best friend. Then she turned to Nico and gave him a smile too as if he had similar thoughts as me. Wait, does he like me?

Gods this wasn't the time to contemplate something like that.

Aphrodite snapped her fingers and the burning sensation fell away. I felt better, loads better. I felt more energised than I had been for very long.

"Again" I said, after thanking the goddess, "Why would you just help us?"

"And don't say because we're cute" Nico added.

"Maybe I'd just like to reschedule the overthrowing of the Olympians" She said, checking her nails. "After all, I've got a nail appointment on Percy's 16th birthday"

I frowned. Why would Aphrodite care about Percy's 16th Birthday? So I voiced my thoughts. Aphrodite just laughed as if I were a clueless pet.

"Haven't you heard the prophecy 'little butterfly'?" She made quotation marks in the air as she said little butterfly. "Or should I say Farfallina"

I couldn't bring myself to look at Nico, so I assumed we were both dying from embarrassment right about now.

"Aw, look at you two. Blushing" Aphrodite teased. Which of course didn't help because I turned redder. And it wasn't as if I could tell a goddess to shut up. "Anyways- remember the prophecy dearies."

"A halfblood of the eldest gods shall reach sixteen against all odds" Aphrodite's ever changing voice spoke in my mind.

"And see the world in endless sleep, a hero's soul, cursed blade shall reap"

"A single choice shall end his days, Olympus to Preserve or Raze"

I blinked and Aphrodite vanished, but she was still talking in my mind.

"Can't be caught having favourites" She said. "Oh and Nico- do they know about your little secret"

I could hear Nico's struggle not to reveal anything in my mind. What secret did Aphrodite mean? I had to admit I felt kind of bad that Nico hadn't told me something. But I pushed that thought aside.

But then again, why had Aphrodite referred to me as "they"? 

It did feel kinda good. 

"I'd recommend going to the underworld. Have a little chat with your father... you can find many answers there"