Chapter VI.

━━━━━
Chapter VI.
Acting 'Normal' is Weird
━━━━━

As the sun rose again, so did the people of Japan. The sky changed from it's twinkling nightmare blue to the lovely sky blue in a matter of hours. The birds were chirping happily, children of all ages chatting with their friends, cars honking in the distance. It was the usual morning.

Saiki ━ who had woken up to his father slamming his door open and begging his son to teleport him to work in exchange for coffee jelly ━ did his usual routine. Changing into his uniform, cleaning up his bed, packing his schoolbag manually, saying goodbye to his mother and finally leaving the house with a click.

However, he didn't expect to see a familiar black car waiting for him outside the gate. The window slowly rolled down, revealing an ecstatic Kazuya who waved happily as he perched out of the window.

    "Saiki-kun!"

He yelled. Suddenly, the teen psychic realized what he was doing. He did feel a little off after he sent his father to work, but he pushed the feeling away, thinking it was just sleep still trying to get ahold of him. He didn't sense any cars pulling up, he didn't hear any thoughts and he didn't use his powers to help him when he got ready. Yoshihiko Kazuya, the moment his car pulled up to his house, had taken away his powers. For some reason, his body was reacting to it like he never had powers in the first place.

Saiki didn't know how to feel about that.

He always wanted to feel normal, average and he finally gets to be the one thing he longed for! Yet, he also felt a discharge of emotions. Uncertainty was one of those emotions. He had always hated his abilities, he longed ot be a normal kid and grow to be a normal adult. So why was he scared of losing his powers? Scared wasn't an emotion he was familiar with. The enigmatic boy rather was annoyed at many things. He was scared of his mother and the dark aura she possesses when he won't hang out with his 'friends'. The volcano that could errupt on April 9th and practically destroy all of Japan. His brother who could be scary at times, but mostly annoyed him. So this feeling of fear, it's eating away at his insides; creating bubbles of uncomfort in his stomach. He wasn't sure what to do.

He could finally be 'normal'. He has a 'friend' who can make it possible. He, Yoshihiko Kazuya, could make his dreams ━ er, wishes come true.

And suddenly, Saiki Kusuo realized who and what he fears the most.

Yoshihiko Kazuya ━ the boy who smiled at everyone he passed with no discrimination. Who found emotions trivial things. Who could block all of Saiki's powers ━ was the person he feared the most. He made him feel all these emotions like a normal human does. His body reacts normally without his powers and he adapts quickly to the feeling too. Kazuya was a dangerous specimen.

A hand gripping his caused him to come back to his senses. His eyes followed up the pale arm, landing on Kazuya's worried face.

    "Saiki-kun? You were spacing out. Is everything okay? Are you feeling sick?" Kazuya pushed his fringe up, tiptoeing as he leaned his forehead against Saiki's. "You don't feel hot." He told pulling away. "But your face is lacking colour."

Humming in thought, Saiki watched wide-eyed from what was previously written as the shorter male pulled out an exquisite-looking cup from his bag.

    "Jet-Black Wings told me you enjoy sweets, specifically coffee jelly. I wanted to give this to you as a thank you during lunch, but I think you should get some sugar in your system." He smiled, flipping over the psychic's hand and placing the glass cup onto Saiki's hand. "I had our sweet specialist curate the perfect recipe; a balance between the sweet milky-like texture and the bitter, wild and mature coffee beans we had imported from Brazil. Please try it! It's my first time making a delicacy like this. I normally do baking and flans. But I guess flans and coffee jellies are quite similar in terms of it's jiggle." He was about to say more, but he cut himself off when he saw the small smile that grew on the stoic boy.

A faint blush could be seen growing on Saiki's cheeks. Never had anyone tried to do something like this. People like Teruhashi and his father only buy him the store coffee jellies ━ but a homemade attempt that scored 10 out of 10 in terms of presentation and smell, as well as touching his heart deeply made weird gurgling noises emit from his stomach. Was it butterflies or just him being a glutton?

    "Thank you..." Saiki spoke, taking the spoon Kazuya handed him and opening the lid.

    The jelly was hickory, smooth an shiny beneath the sunlight. It looked far superior than any other coffee jelly he's ever eaten. The snowy whipped cream sat atop of the jelly, contrasting the two colours gravely. "Itadakimasu." He muttered, plunging in. Even the way the spoon broke through the tiny fibres holding the jelly together was smooth! He slowly brought it to his lips. Kazuya was biting his own lips in anticipation, eyes going up and down to watch every second of Saiki's expression.

As soon as the jelly came in contact with his tongue, a gush of emotions sprung into him. Sparkles and roses emitted from his aura, his blush and smile increasing as he savoured the taste and texture. It was magnificent.

    "Really good." He told, shoveling the spoon into the jelly. His hand turned into a thumbs-up, a grin with remaining bits of his dusty blush on his face.

    "Yokatta!~" Kazuya grinned brightly, his eyes turning to crescents as his aura imitated Saiki's previous blissful state. "I was so nervous but now all I feel is relief!"

Saiki closed the lid, carefully placing the cup into his bag. Though, something doesn't feel right. Saiki just couldn't place his finger on it.

    "Oh, and Saiki-kun?"

    "Hm?"

    "We're 34 minutes late to school."

honestly i have no ideas and am currently still trying to get my life togetherrrr (send help my homework is suffocating)

also i noticed we reached 148 reads1!1!1!1!1!!!1!1! so thank you for the support! please vote and comment too! id love to read them!