30.

M A I ' K H A L E

30.

  "How you feeling?" I asked my granny, getting into her bed with her. She was still the most beautiful lady in the world to me. Today she cut all of her hair off, she's so used to having thick full hair down her back so I know this is something that'll have to grow on her.

"I'm hanging in there but I'm tired." She responded.

I looked over at her with a puzzled look. "I've been trying to stay strong for everyone but baby granny is tired, being strong takes a lot of strength and it's strength I barely have anymore."

I took a deep breath before responding. I didn't have anything to say if I'm being honest. "I know you are granny, I know."

"All I ever prayed for was for me to live long enough to see you become an adult and I'm so proud of you and the young lady you're becoming. I wanted you to be old enough to take care of yourself if something happened to me because I know there's no one in this world who'll have you like me."

She wiped tears from her face and I did the same. "Mai'Khale, I beat this cancer a while back and thought everything would be fine once I did. It came back last year more aggressive than before and I told Kingston about it first."

"You told Kingston?" I questioned.

She nodded. "I made him promise me he would keep it between us and he did, I only told him because I wanted him to promise me he will look after you even when granny is gone."

He sure kept this secret good. I understand why he didn't tell me, my granny is a private person just like him and him holding a secret has never been a problem. Kingston been my bestie forever and the nigga know all of my secrets, things Angelique and Jade don't even know.

It's kind of a good thing she told him so he could be prepared to be there for me when she decided to tell me, which he was so I can't even be mad.

"He definitely kept that promise." I assured her.

She chuckled, "He better had, that's my boy."

I continued laying in her bed, conversing with her and watching Dr. Phil. My granny usually be up at five in the morning, dressed and everything but that's how I knew she was getting to that point.

"How are the babies doing?" She asked.

"They're good, Kaycee got Kingston wrapped around her fingers and Baby King still busy as ever." I told her.

She smiled slightly shaking her head. "I knew Kingston would be a great dad. He's a wonderful person."

"He is." I agreed.

Do y'all see how she always end up talking about Pablo? It never fails, she really love that boy as if he's her son but if you let her tell it, he is.

"Hey granny, hey favorite cousin!" Maliyah walked in with Milli behind her.

"Hey baby, hey granny handsome man." She smiled once again. Milli had flowers in his hand coming to give her a big hug.