- The Swing

It's the day after George visited the bridge where he met Dream. He hasn't planned on returning here, but here he is. Sitting in class alone, just waiting for the bell to ring for lunch. It's bound to go off any second now. Even though George doesn't have any food, he enjoys lunch because he always sits outside in the courtyard. Nobody ever comes out there, and it's always quiet.

He could finally have time to himself to think, and calm down in the peaceful silence. When the bell rang, George grabs his backpack and rushes for the doors of the courtyard where the picnic tables sit. He sits at a picnic table near the side of the building, where a tree stands. He loves this spot. The wall it's near, covers the cafeteria's view from inside. Nobody can watch him, and he feels safe.

He listens to the birds chirping, and sways his head side to side, humming as the wind blows his hair in all different directions. He doesn't mind it though. He loves the cool breeze of the wind. He'll pick flowers from the grass, and put them into a little flower crown for him to wear. Sure, it might've been childish, but he doesn't care.

He loves the flowers because they make him feel happy, and that was all that matters. He puts the crown he had made out of daisy's, onto his head and pulls out his camera on his phone. He looks at his reflection, and absolutely adores the way the flowers sit upon his brown, fluffy hair.

This corner of the courtyard, is his safe space. The place where he can unwind and be himself. When he sees a notification on his screen saying Dream has texted him, his face immediately lights up, and he taps the message, reading it.
From: "Dream :]"
| hey! i know you're probably at school right now, but i was wondering if i could pick you up sometime this evening and show you something? |

George absolutely loves the idea. He loves hanging out with Dream, and it would get him out of the house away from his horrible dad.

i'd love too! i'm at lunch right now. :]

oh cool! are you having fun?

George smiles. He wants to tell him about the flower crown he's made. Maybe Dream would find it interesting.

i made a flower crown

no way! that's so cool, i want to see!

George giggles, pulling up his camera app again. He looks at himself, and readjusts the crown just right. He decides he'd shy away from showing his entire face, and just simply show only half of his face. Just the top of his head shows in the picture and his gorgeous brown eyes. George double checks the photo to make sure it's decent looking, and sends it to Dream.

Attachment 1 Image
here :]

Dream gazes at the photo, absolutely astonished by the boy's beauty. The crown frames his head so perfectly, and he appeares so well put together. He can't help but stare into his honey filled eyes as the color seems more saturated in the broad daylight, than at night when he had first seen them.

awh, look at you george!
you look as pretty as those flowers on your head.

George feels a smile tug onto his lips. Dream is always insanely nice to him, and he doesn't know why. George never did anything to deserve his kindness, nor did he deserve to be gushing over a simple compliment. A compliment that made his day ten times better.

thank you dream :))

Then, George got sent a text from Dream that he was not expecting whatsoever. After all, George had only shown his simple accessory he had made.