Batjokes - - Crazy For You

It was dark in the tunnels. Still Batman was able to see everything very clearly. Every now and then, beams of sunshine found their way through holes in the ceiling and sent their light onto the old furniture that was completely covered by plants.
The hero silently made his way, getting closer to his destination.

The secret paths all lead to one of Poison Ivy's underground layers. The billionaire had been informed that she was planning to invade the water resources of the town, poisoning everyone in it. Of course he couldn't let that happen. And now he was sneaking through dirty, wet, cold and dark tunnels.

He was shaking just by the thought of all the rats that would be running around in the darkness. At that moment a rustle echoed through the tunnels, coming from one of the openings on the side. Batman jumped at the sound and flashed light into the darkness.
Oh, there was one of the rats already.

His fear dropped to annoyance as he looked at his opponent.
"Joker ", he said calmly.
The other man stood frozen like a deer in the headlights for a few seconds.
Then a bright grin formed on his face.
"Hey Batsyyy", he answered.
Then he blinked, turned around and started to run into the darkness in the opposite direction of his enemy.

***

Joker was running for his life. Well, actually he wasn't. He was running to piss the bat off. And a little headstart always turned out to be useful in the end.
In his head he took a quick note to curse on Harley for this mess later. She could've gotten the damn paint for her hairs from her girlfriend herself. But no, she had to send him.

He could hear the strong, sincere steps of the bat coming closer behind him.
He quickly took every turn at every possibility, but after another sprint he found himself in the big poison storage room of his college. Fuck.
There was no way out, he could hear his follower behind the door already and he would give away the position of a room so vital to most of his plans.
Fuck, fuck, fuck.
The damn bat.
He had to find a solution quick.

***

As Batman rushed around the corner, he almost ran into his long time enemy.
The Joker stood right in front of him, hands raised over his head, a big, crazy smile on his face.
The hero stood still, unsure about what to do. But before he could plan his next move, his opponent started to talk.

"Itsy Batsy, you're pretty eager to catch me, aren't you? But why don't we take this up into daylight? You have to admit, you have quite an advantage with your night vision, no matter how much drugs I take, I won't see nearly as much. That's just not fair, don't you think so, big batty boy? ", Joker pouted.

Batman was startled. What the hell was going on now again? He knew his enemy was crazy, but this? A whole different level of stupid. What did the wicked genius expect him to do?
Before he finished the next thought, Joker had already started running. A trick, of course. The hero immeadeatly went into his defense position. Too late he realized that his enemy had tried to run past him.

The attack threw Joker back with such a force that he flew right into the wall behind him. Except that there was no wall. The criminal crashed right through the door into the potion storage. Without noticing his surroundings the bat rushed after him.
Joker could barely pull himself on his feet again before he was pressed onto the table he had crashed against.
But Batman had miscalculated his own power and pushed the table into the next storage shelf, as well as his opponent.

The potions started to rain from the shelf, crashing onto the floor, the table and the man on it. Without paying attention, the Joker jumped up again. Apparently it hadn't been a poison shelf and one of the potions with healing effects had hit him.
Other than that there were no visible changes caused by the mixture of liquids that were emptied on the crazy man.