two

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

THE MONTHS passed slower than usual and bodies begun piling up, the innocence that fabricated the thing that was Meredith's restraint was slowly being stripped away and everytime she felt the urge to stop he whispered in her ear again

A stirring rumbled in her stomach, soon the sun had risen and fell again and the days turned to weeks and Alex continued to vigorously prepare her for the worst.

They stood at other sides of a mat staring into each other's eyes, he moved forward swinging his fist forward, Meredith caught he's fist and thrust it to the side bringing her knee up to his ribs. The impact was harsh and knocked the air from his lungs.

They traded blows for a minute until Alex finally gave in dropping to a knee, she gritted her teeth and reached for his hand "we need to save Sam, we need to rescue my family from the hell that I helped put them in."

For weeks, she had tried convincing him and everytime the proposal was shot down and left behind in the dirt.

"You could get caught, it's a high security prison."

Meredith thrusted her weapon out nipping his skin with the tip of the pointed spear, "I'm stronger, faster and smarter than the average human. And... I'm dead, I can't die again."

Alex stayed silent glancing down, "fine. If you leave, don't come back I can't have them knowing who I am. I need you to forget who I am." The sudden change in tone renders her silent, she licks her lips trying to wet them with her tongue.

"Your my friend," she chokes on her words.

Alex shakes his head, "we were never truly friends, my love. Mark my words, we will be reunited again."

Meredith had trouble coping with the thought of losing yet another friend, her heart felt heavy, she just wanted to rip it from her chest and free herself from the physical pain it kept tormenting her with.

"Do you promise to find me again?" She asks.

"I promise."

<¤>

THE PRISON that was said to be unescapable had minimal security at best, despite their large weapons and high tech facility.

Meredith had hardly broken a sweat.

She lowered herself into the building slowly, the tip of her shoes barely grazed the concrete as she shimmied across a ledge.

The black cloak hiding her identity making her completely inconspicuous, holding her breath she pulled two knives from a sheath under the cloak.

Like a messenger of death, she fell from the ledge and embedded the daggers in their skulls - a mixture of blood and brain matter sprayed the floors.

Meredith usually would feel sick to the stomach but the blood shed was becoming so common, it felt completely normal.

That was the scary part.

One wrong move that's all it took for her plan to come undone in front of her eyes - the red flickering lights and blaring alarms were enough to make her want to turn around.

This was for Sam, Clint and Wanda.

And whoever that other guy was.

Meredith pulled the daggers from the skulls of her latest victims and spun them between her fingers as she walked into the building.

As her foot passed the threshold, it was like hells door itself had swung open and guards rushed through point large assault rifles at the young woman.

It only took an eye twitch and they were disarmed - "back away, you won't be hurt."

Some retreated by others had a little more of a back bone.

Meredith rushed forward gliding across the ground, the knee pads gracing her legs left a trail of sparks.

She bought her fist down into the ground - the men that had dared stayed had recieved either fate, broken neck or a simple knock out that would surely leave them with a headache in the morning.

The army of men that would suddenly burst into the room with guns threw Meredith off guard, "Come on! Get her already!"

A gasp caught in the back of her throat made her choke.

"Sorry boys, I've gotta go!"

She turned and broke into a sprint, gun fire is directly on her heels as she flees the battle.

Meredith fixes the cloak shielding her identity and falls back into the shadows, only a few guards stood as defence against the remaining avengers.

She snuck up on one of the unsuspecting guard and wrapped her legs around his neck, she bought him down quickly and a moment later, snapped his neck.

The other guard turned searching the shadows with his gun raised, Meredith tucked and rolled barrelling into the man's legs.

Despite a struggle, she forced the gun up against his head and pulled the trigger.

The blood splattered across the wall and floor, staring at the wall holding Sam captive, it suddenly caved in.

Meredith stepped forward pulling the cloak back to reveal her identity.

"You coming or what?"

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

( AUTHORS NOTE )

Hello! I apologise for the long... long wait.

I've got 10 weeks before I enter my second last year of high school and it's been rocky - as a year 10 student in Australia there's a lot of work.

I hope you enjoy :))