four

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

MEREDITH EXHALED heavily her hands clutching the sink as steam fogged up the bathroom mirror, the running water pelting against the bathtub

MEREDITH EXHALED heavily her hands clutching the sink as steam fogged up the bathroom mirror, the running water pelting against the bathtub. Raising a trembling hand she brushed the steam from the mirror a streak of red following the movements of her palm.

Her mouth opened but to not avail, the scream that her vocal chords thought they were releasing went unheard.

"Sam?" Meredith choked out, the floorboards under weight creaking loudly as she exited the quaint bathroom.

The small 2 bedroom apartment was silent, so silent that you could hear a pin drop. Meredith found it to be eerie, her defenses immediately put up.

A quiet groan seemed to echo through the halls following was the sound of gurgling blood, the hairs on her arm standing up in response.

"Sam!" She tried again clenching her fists.

Meredith came upon a door, it sat slightly ajar. A bloody handprint staining the cream wood, she glanced down at it bringing her own hand up to measure.

It was too large to be her own.

She pushed on the door slowly, it creaked as it swung open. For the most part, the room was completely dark, the only source of light is the moonlight peeking through the open window dimmed by the curtains.

Meredith's eyes widened as an unknown figure stood over a wounded Sam, her best friend laid sprawled out across the ground blood spewing from his mouth.

"Sam!" She cried out.

The figure turned slowly, it's long hair blowing gently as the winds draft floated in through the open window.

"Bucky.." she choked.

He spun completely on his heel facing the girl, Meredith turned to run but the door had disappeared.

She turned slowly facing him once more, "bucky, it's me."

Bucky ignored her words turning to deal one more, fatal blow to Sam's chest.

His outstretched hand falling limp on the hardwood floors, Meredith whimpered tears falling from her eyes as Bucky begun to advance towards her.

His gloved hand held the knife that ended her best friends life, his blood dripping against the hardwood floors.

He sprung forward his forearm pressing flat against her chest, Meredith forcefully hitting the wall behind her.

He leaned in and the moonlight cast a light over his face, "William?" Meredith whispered.

The knife in his hand struck her stomach, the blade going through so far it struck the wall behind her pinning her there.

Meredith screamed clutching his shoulder blade, "William! It's me!"