ALEXANDER

"Well, what are we supposed to do?" Timmy asked.

Oman pressed a button on his console. "We gotta lose em', obviously."

Our ship began gaining speed as we navigated through a series of jagged rocks, gut-churning twists, and spontaneous bursts of acceleration aplenty. Blackbeard's ship also began getting faster, matching our ship's pace and continuing to trail us.

Kai turned towards me. "Hey Alexander, what do you think about jumping on their ship Pirates of the Carribean-style?"

I nodded enthusiastically. "Totally, dude."

Amethyst shook her head. "I wouldn't do that. They'll gang up on you and anyways, for you to be able to jump on the ship at the speed we're going? That would basically be impossible."

"You're the worst," Kai and I muttered.

"Thanks," Amethyst said, almost cracking a smile.

Why was she responding like that? We freaking meant it.

Just kidding.

Or am I?

I don't know anymore.

We continued through the maze of rocks, narrowly dodging each one of them. Unfortunately, Blackbeard was having no trouble with the rocks, getting closer by the second. Oman was a pretty good captain and ship driver, but nothing close to Blackbeard in experience or sheer knowledge. If the pirates hadn't jammed the flying system, we would've had a major advantage. Hell, we wouldn't even have to fight against them. We'd have to be wary of cannon balls and the pirate's other weapons, but we could theoretically just fly away.

"For someone who's essentially drunk every hour or so, he really knows how to navigate through mazes of rocks," Timmy observed.

"Shut up, Andrea," I said, chuckling between words.

God, that guy could do stand-up with how funny he was. Or maybe it was just funny saying shut up to him. Either way, talking with Timmy almost always made me laugh.

Then things took a pretty bad turn.

Literally.

We had come across a humongous rock. It had a sharp point, and was probably the tallest and thickest rock we had seen so far. This description sucks, but I think you can catch my drift.

Or can you? What even is a drift, and can it be caught?

Hm.

Thankfully, our ship was already on course to move past the rock as it was west of our ship.

"Geez," Kai said. "That is the second bulkiest rock I have ever seen." He turned to me and whispered, "Dwayne Johnson takes the number one spot."

Then, a cannon ball hit the tall rock from the side, toppling it downwards and in front of us.

Oman made a halting turn, throwing us all off our feet. We were able to move out of the way in time, but our ship instantly crashed into another pointy rock. Oman was able to turn the ship back in the right direction, but it was too late.

Blackbeard's ship was now directly in front of us, blocking our way out of the rocky area.

"Har har! I got ye now, ye fools!" Blackbeard shouted. "Men, loot the ship!"

Their ship advanced to the side of us and they threw a plank onto our ship, linking us together. The pirates began running across the plank, carrying their weapons high in the air.

The pirates then split themselves into groups and targeted each one of us individually.

Five pirates ganged up on me, each carrying a curved sword. The first one rushed at me recklessly, swinging their sword wildly. I easily blocked their attack with one of my shields and knocked them off the ship with my other.