Crime

Little did I imagine that the Déjà Vu would become the rationale behind my extant and would let me pen up about that fluky escapade to let you all know about. The same shudder runs throughout my whole body and continues until my intellect succours me that now I am a self-assured individual, an eligible voter and a poised journalist having ample command over my own fate.

The memories of that distant morning when I avenged the one who came to avenge me, is still equally flamboyant. Still now when I am asked about how it all had come about, I reply, "It ran all over me! But thanks to Déjà Vu."

COFFEE! It holds an extra special rank in my life. Carina considers me a coffee-worm even in this day and age. And I feel I love Venzorfield so dearly more because of the seclusion I find in the Diva Espresso amidst the chaotic throng. I used to be a routinely found patron of the café.

The day, dated as 27th June 2018 in calendar, had witnessed the most unexplainable report at Diva Espresso, one of the most famed café of Venzorfield. Fate led me to the place twenty minutes prior to the arrival of the constabulary and five minutes hence the shoot-out was carried on. My portent was knocking me up from the moment I left home for the café with only a sling bag and my mobile phone which was something parallel to my heart and brain in my life. But Carina went on telling the same thing over the phone, "Come on Jiana, chill, it's your birthday today. And why fear when your bestie is here?"

Yes, Carina, popular as Carina West in Venzorfield, is an officer of the Crime Branch. She is some five years or more senior to me but that is the least acknowledged truth of our friendship for she never considers me something else but her best friend. She is an absolute extrovert with a fair face, blue eyes and golden curls. The contrastic reality for us was that she didn't love the café much before but it was only after the incident that she started growing interest in that place.

We still now have a sharp contrast in our views and habits; don't know yet what made us best friends. The best example of it could be that, I am really scared of spiders but she loves arachnids. Also, I prefer coffee even to this day but she did not and does not like coffee much. This is an idiosyncrasy in hers. Though she likes café along with my company.

The year which I mentioned above saw the turning point of our lives. On account of my birthday, which she wanted to celebrate in a silent grand manner, she asked me to meet at the Café.

"Jiyuu, let's go for a coffee. But....."

Now before she would finish off with her words, I screamed, " What? You in a café? Can't believe this."

That did indeed vex her but she assured me the very next that it was on account of my birthday only.

I was waiting for her at the bus stop when I received a text which said, "Jiyu, I'll meet you at the café. I am stuck in a horrible traffic jam and so I had to take a different route to reach the place."

I was being lashed out by the monster of boredom while waiting at the bus stop for a bus when my awareness was seized by a sudden announcement which said,
"This is to inform the residents of the Venzorfield that convict no. 179 has escaped from the Venzorfield Jail and is hiding himself somewhere in the city. Citizens are requested to be cautious and inform the authorities if any suspected person comes to their notice......"

That did disturb me for a while and it was merely after the announcement was done when a bus arrived.
Reaching the place, I found Carina nowhere, but decided to enter the café.
I took a seat at the table farthest from the door. Don't know what fun I got but I loved the seats at the corner. Carina finally arrived.