Baby Born From Clay

A woman walked with a basket. Covered by a blanket, a gift from a god laid in the basket. A baby, born from a clay sculpture and magic. But the woman no longer wanted the baby. She didn't care for it.

Now deep in the woods, she left the basket on the ground. She didn't care if the child lived or died, as long as she didn't have to deal with it. She wanted a different baby. One that was truly the son of a god.

She had no idea that the baby WAS really the son of the god. But it was too late, the woman was gone. Soon the baby woke up, crying loudly in the woods.

His cries was heard by a wolf, a mother wolf who had just lost a pup. A mother who was fending for her other two pups all by herself. The wolf saw the baby fighting the blanket down, crying hard for it's mother.

She leaned her head down infront of the infant, the boy stopping crying almost immediately. He reached out for the wolf, the mourning mother's heart warming looking at him. She grabbed the back of his clothes, lifting him up.

He flailed around as the wolf carried him to her den. He was her pup now, and forever. She would never let anyone hurt him, ever again. He would be safe.

●○■□□■○●

Amanda watched her pups play. She had gained her name from a hunter who had tried to take her human pup. It was how all wolves earned names, by standing up to humans.

Her human pup, Dream, had gotten his by stealing from a nasty shopkeeper. Jasper, the oldest, got his by saving a human child from an evil mayor. His sister, Faith, had stopped the mayor's daughter from killing her mother's mate.

Amanda didn't know how her mate, Camilla gained her name. Though honestly she didn't really care. She was happy with her mate and her pups. They were all happy.

She watched as Dream play-fought with Jasper and Faith, the two gaining up on him. She laughed as Dream complained as the two pinned him down. She loved her pups.