Chapter IV

I walked back into my dorm after class and Kayla was sitting in the exact same spot, probably doing the same assignment as she was when I left. She shot up from her bed the moment she saw me, probably preparing to comfort me. However, I most definitely did not need comforting. I noticed the confusion on her face as she realized my drastic mood change in a very short amount of time.

"Well, you're chipper," she pointed out, "What's got you all vibrant?" She asked me with the same comforting smile on her face that she had earlier today.

"I'm going on a date." I'm not usually one to be so open about my love life, not that I've ever really had one, or anybody to talk to about it, but Kayla makes me feel like I'm at home. She gasped at the unexpected twist in today's events.

"A date?" Her eyes lit up. "With whom?" She grabbed my hand and pulled me over to my bed where we both sat down.

"You know that guy I pointed out yesterday, Oliver?" She immediately stood up and started doing a ridiculous happy dance.

"Oliver Fiore." She said, almost in disbelief, "You're going on a date with Oliver Fiore." She was laughing now and pulling me up to join in on her ridiculous dance. "Elaine, I know we've only known each other for two days, but I just have a feeling that he's the perfect boy for you."

"I hope so, I don't know if I will be able to handle Ivanov and heartbreak in the same semester," I told her, and she laughed.

"This is so exciting," She said, "When is the date?" I picked my phone up off of my bed and checked the time."

"We're meeting in half an hour," I replied. Suddenly a look of panic took over her face.

"Half an hour?" I didn't understand why she was so concerned. "Elaine, you need to get ready!" She grabbed my hand, along with practically her entire closet, and dragged me to the bathroom. She gave me a short cheetah print dress to put over a black long-sleeve shirt. It took a little convincing, but I convinced her to let me wear my Doc Martins. 

She told me she didn't have to do anything with my hair since I already had long, natural, brown waves

She told me she didn't have to do anything with my hair since I already had long, natural, brown waves. She almost didn't let me wear my glasses, but I don't have contacts. Instead, she let me borrow her lip gloss and put some blush on my cheeks. She spun me around so I could look at myself in the bathroom mirror. I don't think I have ever felt this pretty in my life. As we walked back to our room I started to feel nervous. I had never been on a date before, let alone a date with a boy I barely know, in a brand new city. I wasn't sure what to do with these nerves. They were excited nerves that I had never experienced before.

We got back to the dorm, and I still had ten minutes before I had to meet him. I walked straight to my guitar case and sat by the window. I absentmindedly plucked at the strings and waited.

I left my dorm about two minutes early and when I got to the grand piano he was already sitting on the bench playing something. I took a deep breath and slid onto the bench beside him. He continued to play as he looked up at me, and his cheeks flushed.