Chapter One

As I return to consciousness all I can see is black. When I try to feel what is covering my eyes, I realize that my wrists are tied together. Well, this is new to me. I try and loosen the grip of the rope around my wrists, but there's no use. It won't budge. 

I feel the wind blow my long, blonde hair and hear the trees move in the wind. Well at least I know that I'm in the woods, but that's not a good thing. There has been a lot of weird things happen in these woods ever since my mum vanished in here a year ago.

I try to stand up,but its really hard when you can't see what your doing. I manage to stand on my feet,but as I take a step forward I am pushed to the ground by some strong hands on my shoulders. Great, I'm not alone.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you," a sharp voice comes from behind me.

I try and match the voice to a face, but none comes to mind. Instead I guess what sex this person is, male, and what age he is, mid 30's.

"Why am I in the woods?" I ask the man who probably tied me up.

"Can't you remember? You decided to run into the woods when you had an argument with your dad," the man teases as he plays with my hair, which makes me cringe inside.

I had a argument with my dad? I never have arguments with my dad. Then I remember what really happened, but I decide to push that to one side.

"What do you want from me?" I shout at the top of my lungs, but that was a bad idea because I end up with a cloth in my mouth.

"Don't you start shouting! If you start shouting then we won't have any fun." I can picture a smirk on his face which makes me cringe again.

I don't want to know what he's going to do to me now, because it won't be pretty!

"Dad! Stop teasing her!" came a voice in front of me.

This voice sounds like a young boy only a bit older then me. Why would he be here to kill me? That's if I'm going to die, which I will because that's what happened to my mum when she came in here.

The man behind me starts to walk over to the boy, but as soon as he gets to my side I feel a rush of wind and then whispers from them both talking. What just happened there? Did he just run over to his son? This is getting weirder and weirder.

Suddenly they stop talking and the woods is filled with silence. I hate the silence. I always have.

"You know, you look just like your mother," I hear the sharp voice of the man again which cuts the silence.

Wait. How does he know my mum? I would know this man if he knew my mum. 

"But you are completely different from her. She decided to be difficult and started to scream and shout. But with you, you just sit there calmly waiting for us to kill you. I like you." I can picture the smirk on his face again.

Man, I want to punch this guy in the face so badly! He was the one who killed my mum, and when I get out of these ropes he will pay for what he did. That's if I get out of these ropes, which I won't.

"Lets see if there's fear written in her eyes, just like her mother." As the man says those words my heart starts to beat faster. I don't want them touching me!

I need to calm myself down. Don't show them that your scared. Be tough Ivy, you can do it. First you need to get away from these people and think of a plan as you go along. I can't give up so easily. I don't want to die.

As I hear the person coming towards me I put myself in a position to get up and run. In a matter of seconds I get up and start to run. Any direction will do as long as I'm away from them.