chapter 1

Jules pov

im woken by my mom shaking me saying my name

"jules! wake up sweetie youre gonna be late!" she says with a hint of worry in her voice as i sit up rubbing my eyes.

"what time is it?" i ask not fully awake "7:05, breakfast is on the table please hurry up and dont be late im taking hayley to school, love you" she says, rushing out of my room.

"love you too" i say before jumping out of bed and rushing to my closet searching through my clothes quickly trying to find a decent outfit.

once ive changed i walked into my bathroom grabbing my toothbrush and quickly applying tooth paste and brushing my teeth.

i run my fingers through my hair brushing it as i run around my room trying to find my other shoe that was hidden under my bed.

i run down my stairs as it is now 7:15, school starts at 7:30 and i have a test first period that i can not miss.

"bye dad i love you!" i shout as i throw my backpack on my shoulder and walk out the door unlocking my car.

i pull out of the driveway as quick as possible and slightly speed towards my school.

what a great way to start my day!

Haydens pov

"ok mom i wont!" i say while throwing my hands up in surrender position. my mom is currently lecturing me and making sure i come home after school and not go to the skate park.

"alright have a nice day at school baby, and remember, straight home!" she says while pulling away from our hug as i grab my car keys.

"mom, i got it" i say chuckling and walking out the door unlocking my car.

once i sit in the drivers seat i text my friends making sure they know im on my way to get them.

after i got them we all walk into school and go our separate ways.

i walk into class right before the bell and sit down at a random desk and go on my phone as the bell rings.

the teacher starts talking, making me have to put my phone away. as the teachers hands us our test and tells us to start somebody burst through the doors

and its no other than Julianna.

me and jules have never gotten along. we are almost complete opposites.

she gets good grades, enjoys school, and has a perfect family to go home to.

me? i don't have any of that.

i'm jealous of her in a sort of way but i will NEVER own up to that.

jules and the teacher talk and then jules walks over to the seat in front of me. she pulls out the test and starts putting answers down.

after 25 minutes had past, i still hadn't gotten anywhere. i decide to kick jules leg trying to get her attention.

her head shoots up and turns around to look at me. "what?" she asks whispering and rolling her eyes.

"i need the answer to number 8" i reply leaning forward towards her. she looks at me with a bored face and then turns back around.

i kick her leg once again.

"i need the answer!" i whisper shout as she just looks at me. as she's about to reply we hear our names being called.

"Julianna and Hayden, no talking during a test!" the teacher says, raising her voice.